Herbivores schooling fishes for 3ft mixed reef

• SRC Member
baby blue tangs. I bought a school from aquamarine :D . Very nice :yeah:

i've seen the little blue tangs at aquamarine but their fins condition are not that good, so didn't buy any :(

by the way how many did u bought? later they grow bigger u will have problems housing them :lol:

• SRC Member
chomis ?

Barlets ?

the easiers

Chromis & Bartletts herbivores>? Tot they luv brine shrimps than algaes..........reason I wan herbivores cos I want to minimise feeding to maintain nutrients level low. But I like to see thin fishes..........so I guess the best is to keep herbivores schooling fishes so they can feed on algaes most of the time and occasionally maybe once in a week, I'll feed them some thing else.

Eric

• SRC Member
:P:P ...bro u can try schools of fire gobys......

but be warned....they like to jump a lot... :pinch::pinch:

6 months ago me got 5 of these fishes.....now only 2....the other 3 ...jump into overflow... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

gd luck...... :whistle:whistle

Fire gobies also not herbivores leh..............tangs are good but grow too fast and bioload high.

Looks like really no herbivores schooling fishes...........

Eric

• SRC Member

3 ft tank hardly enough place for a single tang, not to say schooling tangs. Sad to say but only herbivour school is convict tang but not for most home aquarium.

I think in a 3 ft, even chomis will not school.

If you want to battle algae, there are many other ways. If you want a school, need a bigger tank. ie 5-6 ft. If you want a school of herbivour that can go around together to clear algae, you need the ocean.

I think (marine) therefore I am