Williammuk's Reef

williammuk

• SRC Member

No phosphates..then no algae lor. Even with nitrates.. =P

Notice his tangs? How can algae exist? :D

From what I've read, 50ppm for nitrates is indeed high. Fortunately, the algae problem I have is mainly confined to my refugium. I've been having a little problem with hair algae growing on my Ulva (Sea Lettuce) and even on my Chaetomorpha -- which I had to throw away quite a lot just to get rid of the hair algae. Initially, I tried separating the hair algae from Chaetomorpha ... I gave up and threw the whole clump away. :(

About my tangs, I'm not sure whether they eat hair algae. :)

• SRC Member
Excellent looking tank :phone:

what about your bio and the pics of the previously loved purple and yellow tang? :)

Unfortunately, my bio was wiped out together with the recent SRC crash. Gotta find some time to write again. Been extremely busy with work lately. Sorry. :bow:

The previous Purple Tang and Yellow Tang were bought was on 18 Jan 2003. The Purple Tang passed away 3 days later on 21 Jan 2003. The Yellow Tang followed on 23 Jan 2003.

The current Yellow Tang has been with me since 25 Jan 2003. :)

• SRC Member
damn.. after i saw this lasst night . i began having dreams of a slim profile tall tank full of softies under permanent moonlight. I think im going to be in the market again :P

Hi Spidey, I thought you're starting an SPS tank, yes?

There are quite a few expert SPS reefers here that can give you good guidance.

We've sort of "known" each other for quite a few months, so I hope you don't mind be saying this ... :bow::bow::bow:

There's a saying ...

"We need to learn to set our course by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship."

Keep your course steady and you'll reach your destination.

Cheers. :)

• SRC Member
hi williammuk, not only I admire your reef tank, it is your humble and sincere attitude that earns my respect.

as the Chinese saying goes: Jiang Shi Lao De La :bow:

Hi real, you're too kind. :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

Thank you. :bow::bow::bow:

Your dedication to keeping seahorses is commendable.

Keep it up!

Cheers and happy reefing. :)

• SRC Member

waaaooohhh :shock::shock::shock: ur tank is so so perfect! it's like those pics that u can put as a background for tanks! breathtaking! :bow::bow::bow:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

Thank you all for your kind words and generous compliments.

:bow::bow::bow:

Now that my 1-year experiment is up, I've decided to embark on another experiment for the next 3 months.

I'm going to run it:

- Skimmerless

- Reduce water change routine by half (i.e. 15% every 2 weeks)

- A new "snake-oil" product

:P

I'll report my findings at the end of the experiment.

Happy reefing folks ... :)

• SRC Member

Hmmm... if it ain't "broken"... why mess with it (your formula for successful reefkeeping). Well, if you must... monitor it closely.

My 10g nano experienced adverse effects when I stopped dosing trace elements, etc. I was still maintiaining Ca and alk levels however. Anyway, a few weeks after resuming my dosing regimen... everything returned to normal. :)

• SRC Member
Hmmm... if it ain't "broken"... why mess with it (your formula for successful reefkeeping). Well, if you must... monitor it closely.

My 10g nano experienced adverse effects when I stopped dosing trace elements, etc. I was still maintiaining Ca and alk levels however. Anyway, a few weeks after resuming my dosing regimen... everything returned to normal. :)

Hi Danano, I'm pleased to have met you at the gathering. Your nano tank will always be an inspiration for me to emulate.

Well, I enjoy experimenting ... so that why I'm "messing" with it. Yes, I'm monitoring it closely. In fact, I take weekly readings of my tank's parameters and record them in a log.

Cheers. :)