Photo showing XM 10kk Bulb vs BLV 20kk

shoelevy

• SRC Member

i've just acquired a new XM 10kk bulb to replace my age-ing BLV20kk bulb

here's just a photo to show the difference in colour (photos are taken w/o actinic supplements)

basically, i was surprised the 10kk isn't as yellow as i had imagined.

i also found that the fish's colours appeared more vibrant and colourful when under the 10kk as compared to when under the 20kk

post-14-1122030106.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
i've just acquired a new XM 10kk bulb to replace my age-ing BLV20kk bulb

here's just a photo to show the difference in colour (photos are taken w/o actinic supplements)

basically, i was surprised the 10kk isn't as yellow as i had imagined.

i also found that the fish's colours appeared more vibrant and colourful when under the 10kk as compared to when under the 20kk

Told you the XM10K is good right??? The growth and colours are more natural and it can be use without actinics supplement, unlike the blv 10k abit yellowish,needs actinic support. But i still use 1 white and 1 blue T5 lah, to help cover some shaded areas at the front and back cos my single 250W reflector can't cover every spots.

I see your tank still very empty, time to stock up man! Fill all the top with sps and btm with lps. Time to burn a hole in the pocket.

• 2 weeks later...