My see through 5.5 x 2 x 2.5

shootsimon

KR is kalk reactor.. i dun think many ppl need it (definitely I think most pros here dun use KR! so it equates to me being a noobie).. haha the wires looked weird to me.. aniwae it was a cheap buy.. so might as well..

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emm... do you have your own thread btw? Create one, then you can show us what you've got :lol: I will support you :lol::lol: And we are all noobs :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
KR is kalk reactor.. i dun think many ppl need it (definitely I think most pros here dun use KR! so it equates to me being a noobie).. haha the wires looked weird to me.. aniwae it was a cheap buy.. so might as well..

Its used together with auto top up. Helps to balance the KH and Cal level.

I've know there's quite a few reefers who uses Kalk reactor. Some just add Kalk the manual way. :D

• SRC Member

Its used together with auto top up. Helps to balance the KH and Cal level.

I've know there's quite a few reefers who uses Kalk reactor. Some just add Kalk the manual way. :D

Does yr KR run continously or you only let it run at nite?

• SRC Member
Does yr KR run continously or you only let it run at nite?

It will only be activated by the Auto Top up sensor :D

My Sensor will activate the pump running the KR and the pump from my KR will draw the DI water from the reservoir tank and when the tank top up to the desired level the sensor will cut the power off :lol:

• SRC Member
So does that mean that there won't be cases like over dose of KR? Me still pretty new to KR reactor! :P

I never tot of that before. Was told just dump the Kalk into the Reactor and let the top up do the work. I guess its a simple theory of only so much of Kalk can dissolve in so much water so in anytime the water that you gonna top up will never be too concentrated with kalk :lol:

Was told that you can chose to mix the kalk in an open tub too and collect the water only after the kalk is settled at the bottom. But there's a downside to this method. The leftover kalk loses it effectiveness if you leave the tub open. So that's why the Kalk Reactor came upon :lol: With the use of a reactor you will save the Kalk cost in long run :D

• SRC Member

I never tot of that before. Was told just dump the Kalk into the Reactor and let the top up do the work. I guess its a simple theory of only so much of Kalk can dissolve in so much water so in anytime the water that you gonna top up will never be too concentrated with kalk :lol:

Was told that you can chose to mix the kalk in an open tub too and collect the water only after the kalk is settled at the bottom. But there's a downside to this method. The leftover kalk loses it effectiveness if you leave the tub open. So that's why the Kalk Reactor came upon :lol: With the use of a reactor you will save the Kalk cost in long run :D

Thks for the tips! :D

Bro are u still running the TR20? Just relying on a single chiller for your tank? I am thinking of getting a TR20 for my 3ft tank (no sump).

Here's a rough spec:

1. 75 US Gallon tank

2. 2 x 150W MH running 6 hours a day

3. Pumps:

• Sicce Multi 2500 l/h

• Sicce Multi 1300 l/h

• Sicce Multi 800 l/h

• Aqua Medic PH 2000 (Skimmer)

• Tunze Stream 6000

• Tunze Turbelle 1600/2 (Filter)

Appreciate your help. I will be running the Sicce Multi 2500 l/h for the chiller. From the tank --> Chiller (can elevate to reduce head loss) --> Tank via split outlet with duck beaks.

:thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Yup. Just got it in Feb this year. 2nd chiller? Nope, me not like you got deep pocket :lol: TR20 for your 3ft :huh: Its a good choice if you are thinking pf upgrading your tank in the future. Think TR15 should be good enough base on your eguipment and the TR15 spec unless you wanna keep sps :rolleyes:

Yup. Just got it in Feb this year. 2nd chiller? Nope, me not like you got deep pocket :lol: TR20 for your 3ft :huh: Its a good choice if you are thinking pf upgrading your tank in the future. Think TR15 should be good enough base on your eguipment and the TR15 spec unless you wanna keep sps :rolleyes:

You mean the TR16? I will try to sell my old Teco (3 months old). I will not upgrade my tank anytime soon, so is the TR20 a bit overkill for my tank? And what's the recommended flow?

• SRC Member
You mean the TR16? I will try to sell my old Teco (3 months old). I will not upgrade my tank anytime soon, so is the TR20 a bit overkill for my tank? And what's the recommended flow?

The recommended flow rate is 400L/hr but I went for higher flow rate. Me using Ehiem 1262 to run it. Ithink its 3400L/hr but after the bends should be below 3000 :D

The recommended flow rate is 400L/hr but I went for higher flow rate. Me using Ehiem 1262 to run it. Ithink its 3400L/hr but after the bends should be below 3000 :D

I think the 400l/h recommended flow is insane :lol: I will use my Sicce Multi (internal) 2500l/h, so after all the travelling (head loss) should be around 1800 to 2000... enough or not? :)

• SRC Member

Should be enough. The faster the flow rate the longer your chiller takes to chill your tank but temp stays longer(this is only applicable for those built in thermostate). The slower the flow rate, though chills faster but kicks in more often as temperature cant hold for long.

The lifespan of your chiiler is longer if lesser kick in.

Hope this helps.

BTW gotten a new toy. Can tell what is it? :D

post-34-1147541337.jpg

Should be enough. The faster the flow rate the longer your chiller takes to chill your tank but temp stays longer(this is only applicable for those built in thermostate). The slower the flow rate, though chills faster but kicks in more often as temperature cant hold for long.

The lifespan of your chiiler is longer if lesser kick in.

Hope this helps.

BTW gotten a new toy. Can tell what is it? :D

Thanks bro for your help :bow:

New toy... looks like Sulphur based Denitrator lor... cool, show us the full set up lah! Maybe I can add that to my tank too :) Review Review Review :)

Tada :lol:

At present No3 still undetactable but got it as I know very soon its sure going to shoot up so grab it. :P Have not hook up yet.

Wow! Let me guess... the water will be pumped into the Sulphur chamber (right) using a Dosing Pump or a T-off... then the water travel to the Hydrocarbon chamber (left) to increase back pH to acceptable level... at the same time dissolve a bit of Calcium along the way... am I right? :lol:

• SRC Member
Also some fish. Can anyone ID him? :P

Bro that looks like a Striped Blenny... not often seen (at least to me) :upsidedown:

Where u got it from? :whistle

post-34-1147546207.jpg

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Ahh... another rare specimen :)

• SRC Member

Wow...Schwefelreactor SR 400 (Filter on the right side)

Schwefelreactor SR 400: Nitratefilter with sulphur beads, Postfilter with Hydrocarbonate

The Sulphur Reactor is a Bioreactor filled with sulphur beads. They promote the growth of special bacteria, that remove nitrate. The Sulphur Reactor should always be used in combination with the Hydrocarbonate Reactor. Inside the Hydrocarbonate Reactor, the sulphuric acid, that is produced in the Sulphur Reactor, is neutralised.

But I cannot find anything on the left filter...

Bro, u just get the filter and fill with Hydrocarbonate :yeah:

Really nice equipment u got there :P

Schwefelreactor SR 400: Nitratefilter with sulphur beads, Postfilter with Hydrocarbonate

The Sulphur Reactor is a Bioreactor filled with sulphur beads. They promote the growth of special bacteria, that remove nitrate. The Sulphur Reactor should always be used in combination with the Hydrocarbonate Reactor. Inside the Hydrocarbonate Reactor, the sulphuric acid, that is produced in the Sulphur Reactor, is neutralised.

Bro Altantis... I think you can fit these 2 reactors inside ur right chamber :lol::lol::lol:

Do a review on it bro Dkk :)

• SRC Member

Jervis bro... do review on wat? I'm :unsure::lol:

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

Wow bro you sure know alot about the produuct. Me just know it as Aqua Medic Sulphur denitrator :lol: Will try to do a review on it once I find a place to house it and get a replacement part as the tube linking the two is leaking. ;)