My see through 5.5 x 2 x 2.5

shootsimon

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

simon sad to hear of ur sohal T. :o Reefing sometimes can be so paranoid. u never know wats gonna happen, especially ur case of ur S.T. Sometimes can't even explain the cause of it :ph34r: Would u be getting another S.T? Oasis sometimes ells quite cheap there :)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
simon sad to hear of ur sohal T. :o Reefing sometimes can be so paranoid. u never know wats gonna happen, especially ur case of ur S.T. Sometimes can't even explain the cause of it :ph34r: Would u be getting another S.T? Oasis sometimes ells quite cheap there :)

Most likly will not be getting another ST. I`ll try other fish. And hopefully my current purchase will be the next king :D

Here's another shot of it when was still in bag :lol:

Now fella in my betta box. :P

post-34-1163821830.jpg

Really sad to hear about your Sohal... and I really really respect you for doing an autopsy and post-mortem of its death... too many of us just discard them "like a fish"... you have heart... I respect you :bow::bow::bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Really sad to hear about your Sohal... and I really really respect you for doing an autopsy and post-mortem of its death... too many of us just discard them "like a fish"... you have heart... I respect you  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Sometimes I like to bring my fantasy to real life :lol::lol:

Got the idea from arofantic. This guy opened up his arowana after it died of no reason.

Me just wanna check if its the food that caused its death. :D

Got the idea from arofantic. This guy opened up his arowana after it died of no reason.

Me just wanna check if its the food that got him killed. :D

I think curiosity aside... it is the respect of its life... the fish been with you for more than a year... i think its death worth more than a quick throw into the rubbish chute :angry:

What I cannot take is sometimes we so numb by death... we just report... "btw today my fish died for no reason... neverming will try again" :shock:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I think curiosity aside... it is the respect of its life... the fish been with you for more than a year... i think its death worth more than a quick throw into the rubbish chute :angry:

What I cannot take is sometimes we so numb by death... we just report... "btw today my fish died for no reason... neverming will try again" :shock:

agree :D

good to see reefer with passion for their fishes .

hey what is the fish in the second bag :D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

You have one in your tank too :D

Now can tell? :lol:

one of my fav fishes ! :D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Yup its Flame Angel :D Fella roaming freely and eating in my tank liao.

Haha... under the blue light... really cannot tell lah :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
yo bro simon...how are all my lps? esp. the hammer..i miss it man :D

Didn't do well. Left only half the head. Bought a bigger one which shaded it a bit and thus lost half of it. Now the other half is doing well. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Flame angel reef safe?

I am thinking of having that in my tank.

What other angels are reef safe or depends on heng suay one?

I'm not too sure but like what you said heng suay one :lol:

Me won't be able to find out liao as my Flame died :cry2: Was feeding and swimming in the open for a week and found dead 2nd week. Looks like mouth rot diease or maybe kanna wack by my bristle tooth :angry:

Took some pic of it before i return it to the sea :nc:

post-34-1164972675.jpg

• SRC Member

And here's the autopusy of my beautiful Sohal :blink:

Not for the weak hearted :lol:

This pics showing it defrosting while in the zip log bag. Kept him in the freezer for a week before i had the time to operate. :lol:

post-34-1164973085.jpg

• SRC Member

Was a bit slimmy after defrosted. Here it goes. First checked the grills. Found some blood bits. Should be normal. :huh: Was trying to see if there's any whitish deposits there as the nite before his death, my CR :nuke:

post-34-1164973929.jpg

• SRC Member
why u wanna operate?

Because I can't seem to find any reason why the sudden death :( seen an autopusy been beformed on a arowana so tot I could find something by performing it :huh: But your fish must be large enough lah :D