Declare Battel against ICH

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually I anyhow wack all the 3 tangs recover liao... :lol:

But backside itchy put the powder brown back to main tank because it refuse to eat for a few days. Stomach all flat. Now back in the main tank its feeding liao. But think I am seeing a whitish film on the fish again.

Update:

I tried copper but think i overdose. Middle of the night 2am the fish like very stress. Nothing I can do at dat time so i replace 1/2 tank with fresh water. After dat they look better liao.

I end up doing a 1.008 with 2 drops of cupramine.

In a 2 x 1 x 1 Q-tank but water volume is 2 x 1 x 9inches.

Still monitoring the powder brown see if necessary to put it back to the Q-tank anot.

The PBT and regal still in the Q-tank now.

I might Hypo the whole main tank... still tryin to decide if I should do so.

:ph34r:

• SRC Member
Actually I anyhow wack all the 3 tangs recover liao... :lol:

But backside itchy put the powder brown back to main tank because it refuse to eat for a few days. Stomach all flat. Now back in the main tank its feeding liao. But think I am seeing a whitish film on the fish again.

Update:

I tried copper but think i overdose. Middle of the night 2am the fish like very stress. Nothing I can do at dat time so i replace 1/2 tank with fresh water. After dat they look better liao.

I end up doing a 1.008 with 2 drops of cupramine.

In a 2 x 1 x 1 Q-tank but water volume is 2 x 1 x 9inches.

Still monitoring the powder brown see if necessary to put it back to the Q-tank anot.

The PBT and regal still in the Q-tank now.

I might Hypo the whole main tank... still tryin to decide if I should do so.

:ph34r:

copper are hard to use, u are playing with fire..

i suggest u hypo the whole tank, dun waste time do it once and for all.

put all coral shrimp or wat ever to other tank

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi bro. pardon me if I have indirectly offended you as I did not finish reading your threads :lol: You mentioned your tank have ICH or ICK but have you ever try to perform water changes every week (try 20% if you have been doing 10%) and is your skimmer good and powerful enough to assist in removing D.O.C from the tank? I have learnt that ALL tanks will inevitably have certain amount of parasites in them and it is a matter of how we can maintain excellent water quality to prevent lost of fishes or invertabrates when they experience stress due to impurities that pollutes the water ;) I have also came a long way by learning the hard way to understand biology and ecosystem on marine reefing :D but pardon me again for being straight forward as I would not perform any adding of medications until I fully understand the facts of marine biology and ecosystem :)

:lol:

Cheers bro.

What Matters Is Not By Comparing Ourselves With Others

What We Can Do For Others Matters Most

Hi bro. pardon me if I have indirectly offended you as I did not finish reading your threads  :lol: You mentioned your tank have ICH or ICK but have you ever try to perform water changes every week (try 20% if you have been doing 10%) and is your skimmer good and powerful enough to assist in removing D.O.C from the tank? I have learnt that ALL tanks will inevitably have certain amount of parasites in them and it is a matter of how we can maintain excellent water quality to prevent lost of fishes or invertabrates when they experience stress due to impurities that pollutes the water  ;) I have also came a long way by learning the hard way to understand biology and ecosystem on marine reefing  :D but pardon me again for being straight forward as I would not perform any adding of medications until I fully understand the facts of marine biology and ecosystem  :)

Cheers bro.

Dont worry bro,

We are all here to share, wont be offended la. :D

I had gone through 3 times water change but I am using new sea water. Not sure if its better to use salt mixture.

Everytime 6 x 25 liters container. Not too sure if its enough water change for my 4 x 2ft. My scoot can only fetch 2 at one go so I need to run 3 trips every water change. So through out this I had already made 9 water trips liao.

Filtration wise will be a wool filter follow by a 24" x 9" x 4" bioball trickle.

Den wool again in the sump follow by suspended arm and carbon filter. I will try to remove 1 glass pannel in the sump to create a refugium. Hope it will help.

Water movement wise think a 4800 liter pump should be enough ba?

The only thing is I had not leve the tank fallow for 2mths like Bro Seamonkey did... (think I should or mabe hypo the main tank) :peace:

P.S: I am into fresh water biology and ecosystem for may years but marine seems to be harder to handle... still got lots to learn :pinch:

Does tempreture play a part too?

Hi bro. temperature in marine reef definately play a part as all marine creatures are cold blooded so it is always advisable to keep temperture as low as possible :lol: That is why most of us use chiller to maintain low temperature ;)

cheers

Dont worry bro,

We are all here to share, wont be offended la. :D

I had gone through 3 times water change but I am using new sea water. Not sure if its better to use salt mixture.

Everytime 6 x 25 liters container. Not too sure if its enough water change for my 4 x 2ft. My scoot can only fetch 2 at one go so I need to run 3 trips every water change. So through out this I had already made 9 water trips liao.

Filtration wise will be a wool filter follow by a 24" x 9" x 4" bioball trickle.

Den wool again in the sump follow by suspended arm and carbon filter. I will try to remove 1 glass pannel in the sump to create a refugium. Hope it will help.

Water movement wise think a 4800 liter pump should be enough ba?

The only thing is I had not leve the tank fallow for 2mths like Bro Seamonkey did... (think I should or mabe hypo the main tank) :peace:

P.S: I am into fresh water biology and ecosystem for may years but marine seems to be harder to handle... still got lots to learn :pinch:

All the best to you bro. hope your live stock will overcome this incident ;)

cheers

Thanks Thanks :lol:

I went berserk this morning when I reach home. My Powder brown ICH outbreak again... Eye become cloudy!! It happened overnight!!! :pinch:

Now its with the PBT and the Regal in the Q-tank... hope it ccan make it.

I had empty 1/2 my tank. Took this chance to rescape and do some piping upgrade too... gonna use a 25mm pipe directly blast into the tank. Think of it it still scares me. 4800liter pump with 25mm pipe direct.... sibeh evil :evil:

Gonna do a hypo to the main tank soon... just need to get dat last anemoni off the glass... blasting it with a powerhead now. :evil:

Can anyone tell me can anemoni survive a hypo treatment? :thanks:

Hi weileong,

Its one of the options too.

Currently I still have 2 clowns and a dottyback in the tank. Tank water only left with 1/2. Is it ok for me to leave them in there for the full 8 weeks? The clowns maybe but it is rather imporsible to get the dotty back out. anemoni is stuck to the glass... <_<

What would be the best? Hypo the tank? or just leave it alone for 8 weeks? I am doing some piping upgrade so will have plenty of time...

Please advice...

:thanks: Thanks in advance :thanks:

Remove every single fish and leave the main tank fishless.

If you don't get the dotty out then it won't be fishless.

I would go the fishless route instead of hypo for main tank.

Then hypo QT with the fishes instead.

Ok Ok... will try to trap dat little feller.

So I presume leaving the corals and anemoni in side is ok.

:thanks: Thanks alot :thanks:

yes everything except fishes as the ich uses the fishes to complete it's life cycle... once you remove all the fishes then you disrupt the life cycle of the ich and after more than 2 full cycle you can declare your tank ich free provided no more new parasites are introduced into the tank.

• SRC Member

bro weileong....you are right....i should have listen to your advise earlier.

I invested in a refractometer and realise my hydrometer was not giving me the right reading all the while. 1.015 instead of 1.009.

2 weeks ago i drop to 1.009 using refractometer. It was a bit late. My majestic and emperor and teardrop didn't make it.

Now left with all the 5 tang, which is the original carrier. They all make it. After 2 weeks, no sign of spots. All cleared. 4 more weeks and it will be thru.

Thanks weileong.

Bro kotobuki, sorry to hijack your thread.....but trust me....hypo is the only way before too late....

• SRC Member

Hi bro. temperature in marine reef definately play a part as all marine creatures are cold blooded so it is always advisable to keep temperture as low as possible :lol: That is why most of us use chiller to maintain low temperature ;)

cheers

what i meant was, if the temp is too low like below 25 degree, will it cause ich?

what i meant was, if the temp is too low like below 25 degree, will it cause ich?

Bro,

ICH mature faster in warm water. Colder water slows down their reproduction.

Making them mature faster with the absents of host(fishes) will starve them to death faster. Low tempreture only slows them down.

As for the cause, it could be related to a few factors

1) Poor water condition

2) When new fishes carring ICH is introduce into the tank w/o colorentein(never trust LFS saying their fish is parasite free)

3) LR and coral were place directly into the tank.

My 2cents worth.

Tak :thanks:

bro, ur fish recover already?

anyway no need so hardworking. . stay up till 3 am in the morning..

tmr got chiong lfs not?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys my blue tangs and coral beauty are facing ich problems. At the moment my tank only at fowler stage. Is it fine to do hypo in the main tank? Do not have a QT yet so have to do in main tank. What 's next after the hypo treatment?

All fish are not eating yet. Just intruduced them into maintank 2 days ago. Looks fine when bought from LFS. Was hidding among the rocks and only after I switched on my MH the blue tanks started coming out. Coral beauty still hidding.

• SRC Member

I dunno why no one said this yet...

Add MORE cleaner shrimps!!

Last time I had a super ich problem, I went and got myself a few cleaner shrimps..

The whole night, the cleaner shrimps were busily cleaning all the fishes of their white spots..

In just a few days, all the fishes were spotless already!!

I dunno why no one said this yet...

Add MORE cleaner shrimps!!

Last time I had a super ich problem, I went and got myself a few cleaner shrimps..

The whole night, the cleaner shrimps were busily cleaning all the fishes of their white spots..

In just a few days, all the fishes were spotless already!!

Bro,

not all fishes willing to "PARKING" and let the shrimps clean them.

Like my 2.5ft deep tank.... cleaner shrimps will never be able to reach my tangs.

Anyway, tried all sorts of nonsenses but the only way that works for me is Hypo.

Set aside a Q-tank of 1.008sg, dump your fishes in. Observe for the next few days... den judge wat you SEE against my words.

Bro shootsimon,

If no choice you have to do it in main tank. but remember remove all your corals, shrimps, tube worms and inverts. Its not the best way but it still works.

Anyway, have to thanks Bro Weileong. I truely believe in "Experience Makes the Difference" :bow::bow:

I am counting down to put my fishes back to my main tank liao. :lol:

• SRC Member

Yup, the method should work as cleaner shrimps have sharp piercing pincers that can penerate the skin of the fish to remove the white spots from the fish.

However for bro Kotobuki's case, I dun really understand what he meant by "cleaner shrimps will never be able to reach my tangs."...

Maybe you could explain more bro?