Some Pics of My Humble Tank

Nitro

• SRC Member
his sump tank nicer than my display tank lol. with all that angels. and did i see a BLACK TANG!?

Sump tank normal normal only lah, juz that I realized that it's a good place to keep injured fishes or corals and also ideal to intro new LS before going to the main tank. In my plans for a future upgrade, I'll try to connect the system to a secondary tank for such purposes.

Ya, that is a Black Night (Black Tang) bought from CF abt 2 mths back. It was smaller and skinnier than now but has fatten up liao. Dare not put in the main cuz inside got 2 Yellow Tang of 4" and a Purple Tang of 3.5". They're fat and strong :ph34r:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
been a long long time since last update. Here are some pic of my sump tank, it seems like I've posted more pic of my sump tank than my main tank :eyeblur:

Wow bro, a pair of regals. :bow: Mine is a terror that whack any angels smaller than it. :wacko:

So is it true that their sex can be differentiate by the length of the little gill fin?

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member

Well not really sure if can use that as a guide line but I'm trying that out now. The one with a smaller cheek spine is bought first from a different LFS. Both r yellow belly. So far abit of chasing by the one with bigger cheek spine but no serious fin torn. Keeping my finger crossed.

• SRC Member
been a long long time since last update. Here are some pic of my sump tank, it seems like I've posted more pic of my sump tank than my main tank :eyeblur:

WHOA bro, u put a black tang in your SUMP TANK?? :bow::bow::bow:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
So r u keeping any frogies?

Nope, not keeping any, I just like the unique look of the clown warty when I first saw your avatar. I would want to keep one in the near future though, in a species tank or something :D

WHOA bro, u put a black tang in your SUMP TANK?? :bow::bow::bow:

Yah man! My thoughts exactly! :bow:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

The Black Tang cannot be in the main cuz will sure be kill by the 2x YT and 1x PT. Sized r abt 4". The Blackie is bought with the plan to go into my new tank once I can get my hobby upgrading "APPROVED" by my other half :P

Planning to upgrade to a 4x2.5x2.5 ft main with a 4x2.5x1.5 ft sump, plus an attachment of another 2x1.5x1.5 ft holding tank.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this might sounds funny, i wanted to get a 2 feet cube tank like yours , but the prob is how big will the sump be? My LFS told me is 1.5 feet only, i dunno possible or not to like make it 1.8feet like that. Could u tell me whats the actually size of your sump isiz a standard size or custom made size do enlighten me on that, if possible can you list down the length how long, whats the width and whats the height, this way i can ask my LFS to create for me , as i am also going for a 2 feet cube. Thank YOu very much

Kelvin

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
I know this might sounds funny, i wanted to get a 2 feet cube tank like yours , but the prob is how big will the sump be? My LFS told me is 1.5 feet only, i dunno possible or not to like make it 1.8feet like that. Could u tell me whats the actually size of your sump isiz a standard size or custom made size do enlighten me on that, if possible can you list down the length how long, whats the width and whats the height, this way i can ask my LFS to create for me , as i am also going for a 2 feet cube. Thank YOu very much

Kelvin

How big you want ur sump be will depends on how much floor area u can spare up lor :-) Of cse the bigger the sump the better. Some school of thots say... a sump or refugium shd be as big or bigger than the main tank. For me I think it's all depends on what is the setup of ur sump. Refugium or equipment-only sump? I'm no expert in this but will try to help as much as I know or can. In the meantime, continue to read up past posts or ask ard for expert advise in this area.

• 8 months later...