Tot of moving to thailand

hammerhd

• SRC Member

thats the first time I heard of someone wanting to move to thailand.Usually hearing people wanting to move to Australia,NZ,USA,CANADA....Europe...

We too thinking about moving out of singapore,although destination not fixed yet.Have children so have to consider properly.

• SRC Member
After travelling to Thailand so many times i really really consider moving to thailand and live there.

What are the criteria to become a thai PR and what are the procedures??

Thanks in advance

Going there to start a dive operation?? :P if so, i go and look for u... kekeke..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
thats the first time I heard of someone wanting to move to thailand.Usually hearing people wanting to move to Australia,NZ,USA,CANADA....Europe...

We too thinking about moving out of singapore,although destination not fixed yet.Have children so have to consider properly.

it is more relaxing over there and there is no 2nd class"citizenship" tingy over there thats why really thinking of going over.

Kel: Maybe but not enough $$$ u wanna joint venture??? ;)

• SRC Member

I have been considering that too. However, have to earn as much Singapore dollar as possible. For every dollar, you get 4 times spending power.

I heard the easiest way is to get a Thai connection. ie, you need a Thai wife.

• SRC Member
I heard the easiest way is to get a Thai connection. ie, you need a Thai wife.

that i cant qualify already.. <_< already planning my wedding...

Hammerhd,

nice proposal.. but which part of thailand?? i find too many DCs already... but i dun mind moving over.. can R&R everyday.. but first, must earn like Mr NKF... which is :( impossible for me.. sob sob.. :cry: unless i kenna TOTO.. then, i can be ur partner in crime.. errr. i mean in dive.. hahaha..

also, it helps if u speak the language.. ;)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

2nd wifey. :ph34r::fear::P

i must be earning tons of $$$ if i am able to do so, with marine tank and diving being another part of my loves..... :(

• SRC Member

that i cant qualify already.. <_< already planning my wedding...

Hammerhd,

nice proposal.. but which part of thailand?? i find too many DCs already... but i dun mind moving over.. can R&R everyday.. but first, must earn like Mr NKF... which is :( impossible for me.. sob sob.. :cry: unless i kenna TOTO.. then, i can be ur partner in crime.. errr. i mean in dive.. hahaha..

also, it helps if u speak the language.. ;)

mistress???

Actually im trying to learn their language it isnt ez cos unlike the chinese language their language have 6 sounds...

• SRC Member

actually imaging everyday sitting on the beach drinking beer relaxing. go diving until scared.

My plan is having a singapore business which i dun have to be here and i have a bar over there. so i can concentrate over there and once in a while come back can liao.

• SRC Member
thats the first time I heard of someone wanting to move to thailand.

hehe

then u can make it hear it twice cos i'm thinking of doing the same too

just not sure when

i know the fastest and easiest way is to get a wife

next option is stay there and work for 10yrs

• SRC Member

then everyday u can have tomyam soup....phay thai.. kekeke.. somemore, some thai ladies are very pretty.. but just have to make sure that they are born a woman...

• SRC Member

Under buddish law,

there is no limit that you can have wife like other religion.

You can have so many wives as long as.............................

So , go ahead ............

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Under buddish law,

there is no limit that you can have wife like other religion.

You can have so many wives as long as.............................

So , go ahead ............

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Hi Jaslyn,

it boils down to economics. Singapore is an excellent country, its safe, clean, efficient. But as a first world nation, the costs of living is pretty steep compared to our neighbouring states. For the same cost as a 3 room HDB flat, a Singaporean can get a large bungalow with easy access to fantastic beaches and beautiful mountain trekking. Costs of living is low, allowing your dollar to stretch far as compared to Singapore. I think anyone would has travelled to thailand has experienced the amazing bargains. Moving to a "third world" is not for everyone, but it is an extremely logical and (to me) smart move. One can afford to retire earlier, get better property, in thailand as compared to Singapore or the more popular destinations like NZ or Australia. Plus, as an Asian country, thailand offers a similar culture and lifestyle, and a Singaporean can easily blend in to the population.

Oh yeah and tremendous savings on medical costs too.

• SRC Member
So we are not quitters but just smarter! :)

this is what I want to hear to confirm we are no quiter :D

Have been thinking about leaving this so called safe country for a few years already.Money earned comes in from one hand and goes out the other hand.Hardly anyone can afford to have saving and yes,the hefty medical if anything should happen.

This is the first time I heard people thinking to move to thailand.When I mentioned to my husband this morning.I was suprised he told me alot of westerner moved to thailand for early retirement too.

I guess if a family involved with kids...there would be more factors to consider about...job,school,safety...and one thing I definitely agree with both hands,the lesser stress lifestyle compared to singapore

• SRC Member
After travelling to Thailand so many times i really really consider moving to thailand and live there.

What are the criteria to become a thai PR and what are the procedures??

Thanks in advance

In repsonse to Hammerhd's query,

might be better to work in Singapore then cash out and relocate to thailand. Its tough to have singaporean living standards on a thai salary. Other option is to find a thailand posting.

Labour is inexcess in thailand, the other option is capital. Without capital, no way you can survive over there. A salaried job will kill you.

There's the one year long stay programme as mentioned, unless you qualify for thaksin's thailand GOLD VIP scheme. Otherwise, difficult.