water become cloudy after water change...

• SRC Member

My main tank is currently into the 4th week of hyposalinty...decide to do a 30% water change at 1.009.

Also took out all the live rock for about an hour to do a re-scaping and put in rainbar to improve aeration....after change water....add some antichlorine for marine water and trace element calcium both from seachem.

After that the whole tank turn water cloudy...it has been 2 days still cloudy....

1. Could it be the live rock left in the open too long and died?

2. The BB in the sump tank died?

3. Reaction from the seachem product?

All the fishes still ok.

The tank is oreadi 4 mth old....i doubt bacteria boom....

NH3 - 0

NO2 - 0

NO3 - 40

PH - 8.4

KH - 11

Any expert bro can help me?

• SRC Member

ur KH ?

Nothing wrong with all your doing , may be you does tomuch calcium so become calcium settle down.

Should be gone by 3rd day.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Bro Minsmarine, my KH is a stable 11.

Oic...i oso thought could be due to the seachem calcium.... but i follow the direction of putting 1 capful for every 20 gallon. my 4ft x 2.5 x 2.5 ft is approximately 140gallon. So i put in 7 capful. Thought it should be ok. But the fishes so far no abnormal behaviour.

Bro dragttag, mine is a sump tank overflow. How come the liverock will cause it to be cloudy leh? Infact i purposely add in rain bar to increase the aeration so should be alright.

• SRC Member
Bro Minsmarine, my KH is a stable 11.

Oic...i oso thought could be due to the seachem calcium.... but i follow the direction of putting 1 capful for every 20 gallon. my 4ft x 2.5 x 2.5 ft is approximately 140gallon. So i put in 7 capful. Thought it should be ok. But the fishes so far no abnormal behaviour.

Bro dragttag, mine is a sump tank overflow. How come the liverock will cause it to be cloudy leh? Infact i purposely add in rain bar to increase the aeration so should be alright.

For my case, my LR arrangement is preventing the dirt to be pushed to the overflow box.

The dirt keeps getting bounced back and circulating within the tank. Hence, the cloudiness remains.

i think u add in too many and caps of the calcuim , used to have this problem then found out 2 things is the salt fresh i mean fine and not in lump and second space out the timing in putting the calcuim let the tank take it first then pour again too much at 1 time hard to dissolve all and it snowball

• SRC Member

It should be Ca perticipation. It happend most of the time. Normally cleared in 2-3 days depended on how much u add.

It's confirmed that since your KH is 11dKH and I guess your PH is > 8.1 it's highly to perticipate. Your Ca should be beyond 450 now.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Nature Seawater is Ca 420 and KH 7-8dKH

If your Ca is 450 and your dKH is 11-12dKH, just keep it as it. If you want coraline algae. IME, high KH 11 and 440+ Ca promote.

Oh yea, your PH is around 8.2+ I guess.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

get some activated carbon and add into ur tank's chemical filtration if u had not done it yet.

it helps

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||