Calling all FrogFish LOVERS :D

• SRC Member
Hi All,

Just like to do a survey: how often do you feed your frogfish, and what do you feed it with, and in what quantity?

Bro , i feed my frog fish with green chromis. 2-3 per wk. I got 4 froggy. That mean's about $10+ / wk. Very xiong. Any other way to train them to eat other cheaper things? Care to share?

If the water parameter not so gd, eg high NO3, they will lose their appetite and seldom eat. Movement also stalled. Must change 30 - 40%water. Sibeh siong. ...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro , i feed my frog fish with green chromis. 2-3 per wk. I got 4 froggy. That mean's about $10+ / wk. Very xiong. Any other way to train them to eat other cheaper things? Care to share?

If the water parameter not so gd, eg high NO3, they will lose their appetite and seldom eat. Movement also stalled. Must change 30 - 40%water. Sibeh siong. ...

Hi Bro Derek,

I used to train my frogfish to take ghost shrimp and lancefish on a stick. But lancefish has been out of stock for a long time. I feel one cannot feed ghost shrimp as the sole diet (unless it is marine shrimp, but difficult to get at that size unless you catch yourself). So, we seem to be left with live damsel fish. I think you can reduce the feeding frequency to twice a month, unless you want your froggies to grow fast. Or, alternate their diet by feeding damsl fish one week, ghost shrimp the next. For ghost shrimp, I feel that the sharp protrusions on the cephalothorax (the mouthparts and the needle-like extension of the rostrum) should either be removed, or at least crushed so that the froggy has an easier time swallowing it.

If your froggy does not eat anything on a stick, you can put in the live ghost shrimp and let it hunt itself or provide it some assistance. I keep star fish and snails with my froggies to scavenge whatever are not eaten by the froggies.

Did you miss seeing the Eurypegasus at Ah Beng's or the jelly-frog at Aquamarin?

The Eurypegasus are always in bags sitting in the styrofoam boxes. You need to look closely, or else they are easily missed.

The Eurypegasus lor... Missed it again... Do post a photo of it in your thread... lol.. But at least i didnt go home empty handed... lol...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

The Eurypegasus lor... Missed it again... Do post a photo of it in your thread... lol.. But at least i didnt go home empty handed... lol...

Pictures of my Eurypegasi. The top two were bought about 3 weeks ago (see my thread on them in FOWLR). Their colours have changed, one assuming a green reticulated pattern (like the green algae covered rocks in the tank), the other a pale beige (like the gravel bed). Both have grown a little since then, currently about 5.5 inches long. The smaller one (bottom left) was bought yesterday and is already feeding on frozen mysis.

Sorry froggipani members, hijack the thread a while to show bro Terryz the pictures. Hope you don't mind.

post-8-1131780917.jpg