Calling all FrogFish LOVERS :D

• SRC Member

Hi Bro Derek,

I saw a frogfish I have never seen before at Iwarna today. It has seemingly no illicium and no esca, skin quite smooth and very loose (looks like wearing a skin twice its size - baggy), and it likes to seek a hiding place or some solid object to be next to. At first I hesitated to buy it cos it seems to have cloudy eyes. Then it seems not cos its eyes are small and surrounded by skin. The closest look-alike (or maybe it is) I searched in the internet is Histiophryne bougainvilli . Hope it can survive. I will take pictures of it and post.

haha bro Synanceia.....i sighted a frog fish exactly the same description as you.

Like wat you say, it has no illicium and no esca, skin quite smooth and very loose. The skin is so loose and it swim abit like motoro. Round round and you can't really see the feets. I took a long time to figure out where is his eyes.....and ya....he hide hide and hide. The only different is this pc got small tiny spot on the body.

I immediately buy.....

Like a abino, he seems to fear of light....he hid behind the rock....i tried to pull him out and he dash in to next available holes.....that's why i fail to take his picture so far.

I have never seen his breed before bro. Quite special. Now i worry how is he going to eat if he dun come out. His portion will be snatch by my other frog fish. :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha bro Synanceia.....i sighted a frog fish exactly the same description as you.

Like wat you say, it has no illicium and no esca, skin quite smooth and very loose. The skin is so loose and it swim abit like motoro. Round round and you can't really see the feets. I took a long time to figure out where is his eyes.....and ya....he hide hide and hide. The only different is this pc got small tiny spot on the body.

I immediately buy.....

Like a abino, he seems to fear of light....he hid behind the rock....i tried to pull him out and he dash in to next available holes.....that's why i fail to take his picture so far.

I have never seen his breed before bro. Quite special. Now i worry how is he going to eat if he dun come out. His portion will be snatch by my other frog fish. :(

I plan to just put live damsel fish into the tank and let it hunt itself. Damsel fish like to hide among the rocks at night, so hopefully this fellow can ambush them at night. It does change its hiding place every now and then, so in theory it should be able to catch live prey. I wriggled a shrimp in front of it today but it ain't interested (and so breaking my 3 day post-purchase fasting rule). Right now it is hiding itself between my skimmer and rocks so I can still see it. Good luck with yours, and look forward to viewing your froggy pics! :lol:

• SRC Member
went down to j & j ... they got a small red froggie and lots of the light yellowed coloured froggies... :D

interested in the px too?

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond