Calling all FrogFish LOVERS :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Would like to joinin the frogfish gang ..... I've just started a tank with 2 x frogfish (1 maroon red and 1 balck), abt 1.5 - 2 inches. I've also added in 1 ribbon eel and 2 garden eel .... and 2 seahorses ... so far so good ... keeping my finger cross.

However, didn't read this thread and I actually got myself a volitan lion .... also abt 2 inches. Good luck to me. :huh:

Hi all,

Would like to joinin the frogfish gang ..... I've just started a tank with 2 x frogfish (1 maroon red and 1 balck), abt 1.5 - 2 inches. I've also added in 1 ribbon eel and 2 garden eel .... and 2 seahorses ... so far so good ... keeping my finger cross.

However, didn't read this thread and I actually got myself a volitan lion .... also abt 2 inches. Good luck to me. :huh:

hey bro...

do keep us updated wif the lionfish and froggies...

was also thinking of keeping a lion wif froggies...but will get a bigger lionfish for myself...

though i am worried that too big of a lion may gobble up my frog...rather than the other way round.. :(

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

• SRC Member
Hi all,

Welcome to the club, bro. :D:D

It will be great if you could post some pics of your froggies and maybe some tanks shots.

The garden eel and sea horses should not bother your froggies. But not too sure for the ribbon eel though.

Hope that your volitan does'nt end up as froggie food.

Cheers

Shawn

• SRC Member
i also got one lion fish , want to keep froggie

but heard it will eat up the lion fish

i still wondering with its sharp spines , how come

the froggie can swallow it

Frogfish by nature will try to swallow any fish, sometimes up to 1.5 times its own size, spines or no spines.

My 1.5" froggie even succeeded to swallow a small flat sole (u know those flat fishes) which I caught at the beach. It had a hard time though as the fish was flat but somehow still manage to stretch his mouth large enough to fit it in. :lol:

Welcome to the club, bro. :D:D

It will be great if you could post some pics of your froggies and maybe some tanks shots.

The garden eel and sea horses should not bother your froggies. But not too sure for the ribbon eel though.

Hope that your volitan does'nt end up as froggie food.

Cheers

Shawn

Thanks, Shawn.

The ribbon in fact is the 'naughtiest' in my tank ... I guess because it is the first fish .... though he don't bother the seashorse.

He bite my garden eel twice when I first introduced it ... but it's ok now once the garden eel find their 'home'.

It tried to attack my frogfish ... but to no avail ..... :lol:

And lastly tried to bite the fin of my lion ....

Other than that ... everyone seems to be having their own world.

• SRC Member
Hi bro Scs88....how's your frog fish?

BRO SHAWN AND LESTER....HOW ARE YOU????

LONG TIME NO SEE LIAO......

hi bro :)

hehe u finally resurface liao ... :P hahahhaa... :)

me went into hiding :):yeah:

advise advise!!!

a 1 ft nano enough for a 2" froggies? hangon filter? need chiller?

Shawncel, your 3 gang is super super beautiful. Don't they swallow each other?

hey ping :)

u can actually click on Lester bro's link...will tell u more about their housing..etc etc :D

I'm gonna destroy my ego

• SRC Member
advise advise!!!

a 1 ft nano enough for a 2" froggies? hangon filter? need chiller?

Shawncel, your 3 gang is super super beautiful. Don't they swallow each other?

I'm keeping my my froggies in a 2' feet tank with a 2' sump/refugium & running a Prizm Skimmer.

A 1' ft nano should be enough for a small frogfish. Only setback is that a small tank may not allow u to setup a skimmer and u may have to resort to weekly water changes to reduce the bioload. Frogfish shit quite potent... :D

Actually got 4 of them - 3 maculatus and 1 commerson.

I did'nt manage to get a pic of the black commerson cos always hiding under rocks. This guy quite anti-social, don't like to mix with the gang of 3. :lol:

But when it comes to feeding the commerson always comes out tops, actively chasing the fishes whereas the warty prefer to wait for their prey.

Cheers

Shawn

hey bros...

just wanna do a quick check...what is the longest period u've kept ya beloved froggy alive? :)

seems that such beauties r often short-lived? have heard of keepers comparing their lifespans to that of a seahorse? :o

I'm gonna destroy my ego

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

can anyone advise whether is it advise to feed mollies/ guppies? Will it affact their health?

hi ..

i personally feed my froggies only wif ghost shrimps.. and narine fishes ... :D

maybe u can consult our master shawn.. i think he tired it wif mollies before :)