Calling all FrogFish LOVERS :D

• SRC Member
hey yellow

are u coming to the first meeting :P ?

i am finally in singapore i dont have a singapore sim card yet but once i get it i post if u need help just sms me :D

woooo dam i missed singapore soo good i ate my wanton mee for first time after about 1 year ><!!!!

anyway i see u guyz on 5th ?

shouldnt be a problem.... will be there.... see u tomolo.... :eyeblur:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Wah, must be very beautiful to command such a high price. I have seen the froggies at ML, in fact bought one from Henry. Show you the pic in future.

bro o bro...so you are the one who bought it.....i went on wed afternoon, henry told me a yan dao man bought one of the two piece.

Bro, ah beng got a black warty angler selling at $45....3inch+.... you might be interested. Not frog fish, its angler.....body longer.

bro synanceia.....did you saw that multi colour frog fish at ah beng's froggy tank?

got green, got purple, got red, got yellow....rojak.....too big. Else i quite like.

Hi Bro Derek,

Yes, saw the multi-coloured one. It's too big for my tanks.

Do you mean the two black froggies in the same tank as the local greens? Don't think they are warty froggies. They are actually black variations of the local greens. To be frank (and I hope Ah Beng doesn't mind me saying this), they can be bought at a far cheaper price, though I must admit they only appear infrequently in the LFS.

I didn't see the white froggy you mentioned last night, so it could have been sold.

I went to LCK today - Lot 110 has some froggies, but none which will be of interest to the froggipani club members.

Hi All,

Anybody notice that once a froggy is not able to 'mould' or 'fit' its pectoral fin(s) around an object (can be a pice of rock, the tank wall, the tank floor or the substrate), it is a sign of impending death? I call this the 'stiffness' sign. Even if the froggy is able to move around, its pectoral fin does not move normally in the way that it should. And usually the froggy will be breathing heavily as well.

Any comments?

• SRC Member
Dear Froggpannis:

Jus to confirm that the get 2 know u session is tommorrow @ 7:00pm @

Jl Kayu. My wife and daughter will be joining me for the session.

Lester, will PM u my hp no. Can I hv urs as well - so that I do hv the right group of people! :lol:

yap ... :D

• SRC Member

Hi Bro Derek,

Yes, saw the multi-coloured one. It's too big for my tanks.

Do you mean the two black froggies in the same tank as the local greens? Don't think they are warty froggies. They are actually black variations of the local greens. To be frank (and I hope Ah Beng doesn't mind me saying this), they can be bought at a far cheaper price, though I must admit they only appear infrequently in the LFS.

I didn't see the white froggy you mentioned last night, so it could have been sold.

I went to LCK today - Lot 110 has some froggies, but none which will be of interest to the froggipani club members.

pardon me bro synanceia, it is not warty but black angler. I agree the price is ex. but probably it is black and we seldom see it around LFS.

Yap. The white warty was sold when i went there yesterday.

• SRC Member

bro loster how are you :D:D

How come no news from you?

I found the frog fish you told me you were looking for. The spotted one. You ever showed me the photo when we were at jln kayu lim kopi..... ;)

hi bro ... :D

hehe sorry .. been veri busy with work .. currently kana a few shit site ...:(

hehe which one ???

at where ?? btw tonight u got come bo ?

cheers :P

pardon me bro synanceia, it is not warty but black angler. I agree the price is ex. but probably it is black and we seldom see it around LFS.

Yap. The white warty was sold when i went there yesterday.

Hi Bro Derek,

I saw a frogfish I have never seen before at Iwarna today. It has seemingly no illicium and no esca, skin quite smooth and very loose (looks like wearing a skin twice its size - baggy), and it likes to seek a hiding place or some solid object to be next to. At first I hesitated to buy it cos it seems to have cloudy eyes. Then it seems not cos its eyes are small and surrounded by skin. The closest look-alike (or maybe it is) I searched in the internet is Histiophryne bougainvilli . Hope it can survive. I will take pictures of it and post.

• SRC Member
This is the frogfish - notice that the illicium (rod) is reduced to a small bump on the forehead. There is no esca (lure). Hardly any variation in colouration except for the white ocellus (eyespot) and other white dots. Skin is smooth and loose.

hi :D

that a cool one :D

i think bro derek also bought something similar one :P

cheers :D

• SRC Member

haha

yes i am still in singapore i am here until the 23 mah ...

i think derek me lester and shawn might be meeting up again to go frog fishing i dont know so maybe u can tag along but if u are must come no more aeroplaning :P

how the tank ?

any problems ?