Calling all FrogFish LOVERS :D

hmm if i not wrong it is a @@#@@... i forget the name.. bro shawn.. wat is that name called ?

it is not a warty :D cos

1) the body length ratio

2) the Fin pattern

3) the lenght of the rod and lure

regards

Lester :fear:

whats a @@#@@??? sorry but i dun get it...hmmmn...nmind lah whether its a warty or froggy...still will like it as its damn nice..haha...

NavIgatoR>> pictures!!! haha

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a great deal of confusion surrounding the terminology. IMHO, all frogfishes are anglers (rightly should be antennariidae - antenna bearers. But they are not the same as the deep sea anglers), the only true so-called warty is Antennarius maculatus, so called because of the warts or protrusions on its body. The warty is a frogfish or angler itself. For more info, visit Zubi's Frogfish Page. It is, however, often difficult to identify a frogfish (by its scientific name) by its colouration alone because of the wide variation, hence we use common names through convenience.

Bro dkk08, your frogfish is a sargussum frogfish Histrio histrio.

• SRC Member
There seems to be a great deal of confusion surrounding the terminology. IMHO, all frogfishes are anglers (rightly should be antennariidae - antenna bearers. But they are not the same as the deep sea anglers), the only true so-called warty is Antennarius maculatus, so called because of the warts or protrusions on its body. The warty is a frogfish or angler itself. For more info, visit Zubi's Frogfish Page. It is, however, often difficult to identify a frogfish (by its scientific name) by its colouration alone because of the wide variation, hence we use common names through convenience.

Bro dkk08, your frogfish is a sargussum frogfish Histrio histrio.

sorry bro I'm still a newbie to marine and even more newbie to frogfish... normally I'll call them frogfish or warty not anglers :P

Hmmm will have to read up more on them... but so far they seems like an easy fish to maintain :D

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

sorry bro I'm still a newbie to marine and even more newbie to frogfish... normally I'll call them frogfish or warty not anglers :P

Hmmm will have to read up more on them... but so far they seems like an easy fish to maintain :D

yeah actually me new too...don't really matter what they are right??? as long as we are happy with ours can liao.... =)

• SRC Member

whats a @@#@@??? sorry but i dun get it...hmmmn...nmind lah whether its a warty or froggy...still will like it as its damn nice..haha...

NavIgatoR>> pictures!!! haha

hehe ... cos i also forget wat is the name :P tat why i type @@##@ :P

yap i agreed.. no matter if it is a warty or not ? .. most important we enjoy keeping it :D

cheers :D

• SRC Member
yeah..haha...yawnz...but i looking for a red red one for chinese new yr..anyone got one to let go?? haha

Bro,

ML has one nice red and one orange warty when I was there last Sunday.

You might also check with bro Acidjazz who is selling 4 of his froggies.

Cheers

Shawn

sigh...latest update...the black froggy is refusing to eat....it ate once when it first came about a week ago then refusing to eat ever since then...any bro got any idea how to get it to eat?

If the frogfish refuses to eat, leave it be. In my own experience, forcing a frogfish to eat (by forcing it to be in close proximity to a moving/wriggling prey, where it will then swallow by instinct. It is forced because it has no interest in moving prey when you first introduced the latter) always results in death within 2 days.

Having said that, frogfish are greedy feeders, and will seldom refuse meals which are a week apart. The prognosis is guarded.

bro shawncel>> thanks..i may drop by ML tomorrow...any idea whats the size?? bro acidjazz's ones are damn nice, went his house yesterday to see but too big for me as his are about 3.5 inches whereas mine is just about 2 inches...

bro Synanceia>>thank ya thats what i doin now...i leaving it in a quarantine tank with 2 fishy..hopefully it decide to eat by itslef...

Gonna get a tank dedicated to frogfish.

Lester, can find a warty similar like ur red & yellow one?

All my warty are common warty. . :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Gonna get a tank dedicated to frogfish.

Lester, can find a warty similar like ur red & yellow one?

All my warty are common warty. . :)

ah??? haha i can vouch that your warties are not common man...try finding warties as nice as yours...think will be damn hard man...haha

ah??? haha i can vouch that your warties are not common man...try finding warties as nice as yours...think will be damn hard man...haha

I finally found a two feet cube with ISO sytem dedicated to the frogfish.

Hopefuly the tank will be in tmr.

To be frank, lester's frogfish is an eye sore. The colour so nice. . :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

I finally found a two feet cube with ISO sytem dedicated to the frogfish.

Hopefuly the tank will be in tmr.

To be frank, lester's frogfish is an eye sore. The colour so nice. . :lol:

:lol: hehe i got eye drop solution :P

hehe .. hehe

shawn one is my sore eye :P

cheers

right bo bro shawn :):idea:

actually i also going to custom make a tank for the froggies ... :D

cheers :D

• SRC Member
Hey bros, where to find them? u guys have got me very keen on frogfish!!! But i went to a few lfs... cant find them leh...

maybe you can try ML, or waikai or ah beng .. they normally bring me nice one :)

cheers :D:evil: