Kick Ich by Ruby Reef

Norvin Ng

• SRC Member

Hi All

Those who are affected by Ich in their main tank, Kick Ich may be the solution. I have been using it in my fish and reef tank for the last one week and its working!! Its a one week plus treatment but is pretty expensive. S$52 for a bottle that treats a 100 gallon tank. My corals are all doing fine. Its sold in Super Aquarium (Downtown East) and Pacific Marine.

Good luck!

I heard from RC that some have poor results with this... and their corals were affected.

What kind of corals do you keep?

If there is a magical cure for ich... it would have been long announced but none of the anti-ich solutions are totally reef-safe.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hi Guys

Better give a updated review of this product - I think it does reduce the severity of the ick outbreak but the moment you stop using the solution, the ick outbreak comes right back in about a week's time. Corals are doing ok except my leather coral, looks like going to kaput soon.

I have gone back to just using Garlic to control the situation. Was squeezing my own juice but a real hassle. Now using Kent Garlic Extreme. Will offer some update in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I've experience ick outbreak during the first year. Tried a few medication but it keeps coming back after a month. Use to spend $$$ on medication.

I started to use a piece of small garlic grind together with the prepared fish food (cockels, fish meat, fish eggs, mysis, squid).

Haven't seen any icks outbreak for more than a year now.

I believe in garlic, it works. Prevention is better than cure.

• SRC Member

Maybe Hawkfish used just the right concentration as recommended. Its quite a feat to calculate the exact volume of your reef tank with a overflow & a sump tank ;) ....anywayz medication (usually) works but too little --uneffective & too much -- coral byebye... :lol:

ISLANWIDE Doorstep CO2 refill @ $42.00 (5L and below)sms 93638229 now!!!! For larger canisters do enquire:]

• SRC Member

Norvin,

How much is Garlic Extreme? Heard its quite pricey too?

If that's the case, coupled with a little lazy bug... go for Seachem's Garlic Guard. It's great too, and cost $13 per 250ml bottle.

Got rid of those funny lint like stuff growing on the fins of my angelfish. Not sure if they're ich... but looked more like a parasite growth. I had tried FW dip previously to no avail.

• SRC Member
Maybe Hawkfish .....

No offence my 300th member, :D hawkfish is not the name for the person u are referring to...it's a ranking system given to each member for the # of post they made...look further up and u will find the person Nicks there :)

• SRC Member

I trust Kent's Garlic Extreme. $20 for a small bottle at Sealife. Each time only need 2 to 3 drops, so can use very long. Since using it, even the delicate Blue Tangs are free of ick. Also me yellow Tang and Flame Angel love it so much that they are a little obese already!

I think (marine) therefore I am

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Was using hand squeezed garlic but alot of work and the fishes don't really like the food soak with them.

My first bottle will last for more than 2 months with daily usage, thus S$20 is worth spent. Just bought a new large bottle of Kent Garlic Extreme from Sealife. Will continue soaking my pellets to feed my dearies. No sign of the white monsters at all..... Yippee!!!

Am I right to say that if I do not spot any ick infection on the fishes for a few months, means the reproduction cycle is broken?