My 4ft from DSB to BB

hamannbmw

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Jus fire up 3 X DEmenarc :lol: made by DE. The finishes is good and very reflective. SOme points to note, for those who is interested to purchase such reflectors

1. My 2 X t5 cant illuminate the tank, so those who is going for such reflectors, you will need maybe 4-6 T5 actinic to have to bluish effect, unless u choose to use 14 or 20K. Mine is BLV10K. BTW, it also light up my house :P

2. Firing 3 X 250W using these reflectors generates alot of heat.... My chiller is working non stop. I may be looking for a better chiller now. <_<

I think the reflector does play a part in contributing heat to the tank, cos the light covers a bigger area, hence heat was generated.

Can cool can already ma.

Simon's case is when all his MH at full blast the chiller runs non-stop and instead of cooling the temp slowly creep up.

Running these type of reflector the temp very hot one that's why better to keep the lights slightly higher. Also good to prevent burning your sps too.

• SRC Member
Bro weileong, I m using 1/2 hp Pacific Coo.

Cooling time takes 4 to 5 hrs to 25 degree when light

on and trigger back within 2 hrs.

Is it normal? should I upgrade? :(

Bro, if you change to 3 X 250W lumenarch, you will have the same problem as me.. cos I'm also using the same chiller as yours. Running lumenarch reflectors will heat up the water real fast.

BTW, what's the temp u set on yr chiller ? 26-28 :huh:

• SRC Member
Bro weileong, I m using 1/2 hp Pacific Coo.

Cooling time takes 4 to 5 hrs to 25 degree when light

on and trigger back within 2 hrs.

Is it normal? should I upgrade? :(

:off: If you maintain your tank at 26 degrees i think the chilling time could be quite different.Its a struggle from 26 to 25.Try setting the temperature at 26 and feedback chilling time?