Blue Tang eats Prata????

Nic a Jon

• SRC Member

Hi

Does BT eats or pecks at prata? :blink::o

Last nite i put in a new fleshy prata from my sump tank into my main tank...after half an hour the prata flesh strunk.....noice my BT pecking at the part where the prata flesh joins to the skeleton. :( I place the prata lower at the bottom...guess wot?? BT still come to bottom and peck at the same part :angry: .

Does anyone have this experince b4....

• SRC Member

Maybe you got the rare "prata eating" blue tang. :D

Nobody can really say why this happens. Probably like flame angels eating corals, the possibility is lower for blue tangs but not totally impossible.

• SRC Member

hmmmm...let me go back and check if there algae growing on the flesh...all i know its a very healthy prata...

I had another prata (that was stressed) placed in the sump for 2 days, and can see its flesh opening up well again. :rolleyes:

For the longest time i was wondering wot happened to my pratas..till i saw the behaviour of the BT last nite...maybe its a rare "prata eating" tang :evil: .

thanks bros...will go back and monitor my BT and prata again

• SRC Member

yr prata must really look delicious... is it green? looks like algae n then after a couple of nips found quite palatable n yummy.... but i geuss most probably there 's some algae growth at the base that started the whole pecking process

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
yr prata must really look delicious... is it green? looks like algae n then after a couple of nips found quite palatable n yummy.... but i geuss most probably there 's some algae growth at the base that started the whole pecking process

lol...

den green mushrooms will be their favourite snacks :lol:

j/k

• SRC Member

well who knows we may hv the worlds first captive short sighted prata eating tang.... :lol:;)

lets see who'll be first to hv non-coral eating butterflies fishes.... wud be worth a bomb man

Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

well now that particular green prata is in sump since its still stress from the pecking given by the BT....

wife says BT cannot go.....almost 2 years with me..if go prata go :( ....

but i just dont beleive it will peck/eat prata...

think i will on the video camera to video its behaviour to see if it peck at my other pratas as well...during those time when i am at work :D:lol:

• SRC Member
well now that particular green prata is in sump since its still stress from the pecking given by the BT....

wife says BT cannot go.....almost 2 years with me..if go prata go :( ....

but i just dont beleive it will peck/eat prata...

think i will on the video camera to video its behaviour to see if it peck at my other pratas as well...during those time when i am at work :D:lol:

yes i agree with u, the prata must go....... into my tank hahaha... gd luck n hope it recovers well in yr sump..... :P

Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :