Needle Wheel Skimmer

xreef

• SRC Member

How are u going to overcome the problems of the pumps/needlewheel?

Copied BK concept and then add-in deltec/ASM concept (taking people's works/research/efforts/assets) and modify it into a new diy-needle wheel skimmer. Smart and impressive.

If u manage to find a low watt-high-rating pump - like the RD.. the real BK and deltec users can throw away their skimmers . with more smart people like u.. soon, BK, deltec/ASM can close their buz.

lower the price more lah.. bros/sis here can benefit- not all of us can afford BK or running BK and deltec/ASM together.

must update us? Created a brand name for your new' skimmer ? BKASM or SUBK ..cool. so many reefers looking forward to your news/updates. ..man, can't wait to see your final products. :yeah: :yeah:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

will surly support our local D&D (design and development) :P this is what we (singapore) are very good at at the moment. cos most of our stuffs used in S_F are D&D :P can't review much

:P e.g we buy over other countries technology and their R&D work and we D&D it and brand it "made in singapore". if you are observance enough, u will notice it if u are specialize in operate certain stuff in S_F :D:D some D&D stuffs were done by... :P

so, at this stage we are still good at D&D and hope that in time to come, we will be able to do our R&D work. and it is good to further develop skimmer that cater our local needs :D

anyway, will wait for the good new of the "needlewheel skimmer" that D&D by singapore :D

age.png

(I would like to take this opportunity to share with fellow reefer.

A new neddle wheel skimmer will be coming in to Singapore soon.)

Congrat to u, sugi ! Looking forward to your new design / buz. I am waiting for Aquarix or joe to study BK and deltec needlewheel skimmer. Finally, u had done u studied the BK, deltec, ASM needlewheel and combine their designs together. All the best, i will be your supporter when you launch this products. Now, we can forget about buying bubbleking or deltec skimmer. ;)

Finally- a skimmer that combine the best of bubbleking, deltec or ASM skimmer without paying a high price. I believe that u will set a standard for joe-p , cookie and others to learn from u. ;)

• SRC Member

yes man look sgreat.... unfortunately px beyond my means... thks anyway n look forward to more great products in future.... :bow::bow:

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

(yes man look sgreat.... unfortunately px beyond my means... thks anyway n look forward to more great products in future.... )

i believe that he will reduce the price as much as he k. he is a reefer like us too, understand our needs & wants. thus he looked into BK,deltec/ASM needlewheel etc. combine these two different needlewheel concepts into one. :lol:

must support his buz/products~xreef. ;)

• SRC Member
i believe that he will reduce the price as much as he k. he is a reefer like us too, understand our needs & wants. thus he looked into BK,deltec/ASM needlewheel etc. combine these two different needlewheel concepts into one. :lol:

yeah...but those FANSTASTIC PUMP is expensive...

but long run...can save electricity.... :heh::heh:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

The heart of the needle wheel skimmer is in the needle wheel impeller design.

Deltec, HnS, euroreef has very good needlewheel impeller design, coupled with an efficient pump, you have a winning combination.

If you can get a Sendra or Betta pump, I believe you can get the same results if you hooked to a Macro skimmer body.

is this skimmer able to be used in line with the overflow rather than by feeding it with a pump?

Yes you can use overflow to feed the skimmer but make sure the gravity flow is sufficient/correct.

I would not like to recommend this method cause for optimum performance The feeder to the skimmer has to be 2X your tank volume.

By using a dedicated pump, it would be much easier to estimate this volume.

Or you may T-off by sharing pump.

Rgds

The heart of the needle wheel skimmer is in the needle wheel impeller design.

Deltec, HnS, euroreef has very good needlewheel impeller design, coupled with an efficient pump, you have a winning combination.

If you can get a Sendra or Betta pump, I believe you can get the same results if you hooked to a Macro skimmer body.

You are right Bro.

But some of this pumps rather powerful.

Macro body will not be able to handel the Pump volume.

Choosing the right pumps and body sizes are very important factor.

Rgds

• SRC Member

You are right Bro.

Rgds

Actually someone used a sendra pump in HK on a Modedel Macro, the result is quite impressive.

• SRC Member

You are right Bro.

Rgds

Are you going to come with skimmers with various body sizes based on water volume that needs to be processed and attach the appropriate number of needlewheels to flood the skimmer body with 20%-30% of air bubbles accordingly?

Are you going to come with skimmers with various body sizes based on water volume that needs to be processed and attach the appropriate number of needlewheels to flood the skimmer body with 20%-30% of air bubbles accordingly?

Hi Alfa,

Yes.

We have various pumps sizes on hand and we can have many combination of chamber size to work on.

From 8 Inch to 10 Inch and 12 Inch.

We have 500g/hr, 700g/hr and 900g/hr pumps.

We will choose the best configuration of skimmer size and Pump size and qty of Pumps to provide highest possible organic extraction through the chamber.

So it is best for us to know your tank condition or your new tank plan size before we recommend suitable skimmer.

We would like to work base on customisation.

2 new skimmer samples will be ready this month.

8X24 with 500G pump

8X30 with 2 500G pump

We will run this skimmers here for review and our reefers here can judge its performance.

Once this is done, we will prepare all the necessary commercial strategies.

Thank you for your interest, are you changing your AP902 ? :D

Ya....alfa is thinking of changing to AP1004. 4 needlewheel pumps. :eyebrow:

BTW, still confused.....xreef = sugi????

Wah.... words travel fast.. :lol:

But one thing i am sure Bro Alfa will stick to needle wheel skimmer.

I see difference after switching to Needle Wheel.

:D