How to Fatten Up Tangs?

jem

• SRC Member

One week liao still not feeding... Tried sea weed, vege, and pellots... No use... sian...

I remember my PT oso not eating when I introduce to my tank, I bot Bamboo algae and after a few days it start nipping on it, then after a few days the whole thing gone, botak :shock: Now the PT dam fat, funny thing is my other Tangs that don touch Bamboo algae oso kopikat the PT and start to eat it...... :yeah::lol:

I last bought the bamboo algae from Reborn 3 days ago. Ask the shop assistant, they will know what it is. ;)

Good luck! :)

Its always good to buy feeding fish.. IMO feeding fish means a thriving fish ;)

I have not really encounter difficult in feeding any tangs.. The only fussy tang i tried be4 was AT and i took 3 days to get it feeding.. Try flooding water column with mysis.... den also try dried nori or fresh lettuce but clipping them onto side of tank... basically just keep flooding water with diff kinds of food and you should get it feeding ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
One week liao still not feeding... Tried sea weed, vege, and pellots... No use... sian...

same same. seaweed, garlic pellets also no used for me.

very very active. both power blue play round and round. very cute.

eat? no no. still playing... But there try to find my little Harlequin shrimp.

does tang eat shrimp? i think so..... maybe there want Life one. not freeze shrimp. lol

anyway. help. what to eat? bamboo?

• SRC Member

Very hard to find pictures of the red bamboo algae on the net, unless you know the scientific name..

Just go to any of our sponsors LFS and ask for the red bamboo algae.. they'll show you..

And the tangs not eating but very active is not exactly a good thing as the activeness will make them thin very fast..

Its always good to buy feeding fish.. IMO feeding fish means a thriving fish ;)

I have not really encounter difficult in feeding any tangs.. The only fussy tang i tried be4 was AT and i took 3 days to get it feeding.. Try flooding water column with mysis.... den also try dried nori or fresh lettuce but clipping them onto side of tank... basically just keep flooding water with diff kinds of food and you should get it feeding ;)

agree with DA. Just flood the water column with different kind of food to get it to food but the only downside is the excess food that is left over. Personally, for new fishes, I like flooding the water with Henry's food mix. So far no fish can resist his recipe. :)

"Save a reef, grow your own"