royal dottyback attacks my sailfin

• SRC Member

Yah, agree that it is small and agressive... I had 1 once and it wiped out whatever shrimp I added in my tank... Tried to catch it but it's very alert and fast. But thank god it suddenly disappeared 1 day and till now, still MIA... :D

Optimus prime, mayb you can try turning on the light suddenly in the middle of the night when the fish is zzzzz and while it is still blur, catch it with a net.. its works well for me when the fish is not hiding in the rocks while zzzzz ;)

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

Optimus prime, mayb you can try turning on the light suddenly in the middle of the night when the fish is zzzzz and while it is still blur, catch it with a net.. its works well for me when the fish is not hiding in the rocks while zzzzz ;)

done that! but that idiot still very alert... maybe i will blast him with my energon gun. :lol:

another idea is to put in the 'volitron' ( volitan ) :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

used to have 1. veri aggresive. killed off the smaller fishes and shrimps. even harassed slightly bigger fishes added after it.

also had a hard time catching it. only option is to lure and trap cause my tank too deep and high to for scoop and trap method to be effective. hard to lure with bait food as well. will need to starve the tank/fish for them to be desperate then trap.

stayed away from dottybacks thereafter.