unable to remove virus/ad-ware in com

wolfie

• SRC Member

does it still read 0kb after u've disabled your AV?

You can try using Process Explorer (freeware)

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

it'll show you which process is using & locking the file .. normally its just as simple as killing that process then you can delete the file

worst to worst... reboot into recovery console (you've to install it from ur windows installation CD with "\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons") and remove the file manually

• SRC Member

;) Got something like that last 2 weeks...try anti-virus...everything...u guys mentioned...finally got one software and it remove everything for me..and kill my IE at the same time.... <_< ....anyway...I always keep some important files a back up..and just reload it with windows xp 2nd edition...and together with notorn...so far so good... :)

so...if really nothing important or able to back up everything...just re-format the pc and reload everything...it's the best way for me and the easy way to get rid of all the stupid virus or spyware... :yeah:

• SRC Member

Actually I feel that it is better to reformat your harddisk and restart everything again. Now that you have become more aware.

I always reformat my harddisk at least once every 2 months. The important thing is to get your important stuffs to back up someplace like an external harddisk in the unlikely event of your harddisk crash, etc.

This is especially so if you are frequently downloading from the internet and without a good firewall and anti-virus and anti-spyware program, chances are you are going to get hit again ;)

And to get such softwares require $$$ and not to mention you must frequently update your version to get all of the lastest virus defination.

Just my 2 cents

cheers

zehuan

• SRC Member

zehuan: last ep of Gundam Seed Destiny not yet released... you watch GSD too? which character do you like? i can't help but drool at lunamaria...

hotlemond: thanks for your offer but i figured might be too troublesome...

:thanks:

so... no guru can teach me how access gmail?

• SRC Member

u need someone who is using G mail to send u one activation account. u cant register online like yahoo or hotmail.

I have the whole collection of Destiny(not seed yet), and some older Gundam series as well. next time maybe can trade series for watching (people swop frags, we swop gundam series :lol: )

I prefer gundam justice, red is nice :lol:

ya loh.... girls grown up become woman wat... so naturally their assets develop as well :ooh:

• SRC Member
bro, i DO have a gmail a/c.

juz that i can't access it.

some fault/error in the validation cert i fink.

Do you have access to another computer. You'll need it to access the Gmail for urgent needs..., I think either your browser cache or system cache is corrupted...

I would backup all data, except the OS on an external and start afresh with zero formating your harddisk. Theres no point in dissecting where the problem is, too time-consuming. Don't restore your data, leave it there and take only what you need when you need.

Get a mac, friend, get it fast.! :)