Review on the different kinds of Marine Salts

hongqixian

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

I'm using corallife salt and I can tell you its a total disaster. Same experience as what someone else said,

" The solubility sucks, water still very cloudy after more than 12 hrs and a lot of undissolved salt below tank even after using a powerful pump to circulate."

So far I've used RedSea salt before and even though I know its not a recommended salt, its even better then the corallife salt I'm using now. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member
I'm using corallife salt and I can tell you its a total disaster. Same experience as what someone else said,

" The solubility sucks, water still very cloudy after more than 12 hrs and a lot of undissolved salt below tank even after using a powerful pump to circulate."

So far I've used RedSea salt before and even though I know its not a recommended salt, its even better then the corallife salt I'm using now. :angry: :angry: :angry:

FYI, LFS here have stopped importing coralife.

Those that are available in shops are left over...no more new stocks coming.

l7304smr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
FYI, LFS here have stopped importing coralife.

Those that are available in shops are left over...no more new stocks coming.

Just did a water change today and so pissed off about the coralife salt. Can't wait to finish the pack.

I'm thinking of going back to RedSea salt (non pro) at least its better than the salt I'm using now. I've also seen

Kent Marine salt going for the same price but don't know if its good?

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i think coralife salt is ok for me.after pouring into a container and stirring it,10 min it's quite clear already,normally will let a wavemaker "stir" and few hours later,it's clear as tap water..

sad that there's no more coralife salt :'(..

any recommendation for salt that is average and price/weight is same as coralife? [ 20+ kg for $65 haha]

• SRC Member
i think coralife salt is ok for me.after pouring into a container and stirring it,10 min it's quite clear already,normally will let a wavemaker "stir" and few hours later,it's clear as tap water..

sad that there's no more coralife salt :'(..

any recommendation for salt that is average and price/weight is same as coralife? [ 20+ kg for $65 haha]

You can try Oceanic. Dissolve very easily and price is reasonable. $35 for 50 gallons.

l7304smr.jpg

• 3 months later...