how r u grow coralline algae on live rock

porporty

• SRC Member

Keep a natural level of NSW parameters: KH 8, CA 400-450, MG 1250-1300 and keep the parameters stable. Temperature should be stable too below 30 degrees.

Seed the rocks with coraline algae if you do not have any yet in your tank. Be patient and it will grow rapidly within a few weeks.

• SRC Member
how r u grow coralline algae on live rock and pump?

magnesium is food of coralline algae it help coralline deep purple?

how r u grow coralline algae fast ?

thank you so much for every comment :)

A cube of LAB 28 a week take care of my water chemistry balance now. Have seen layers of coraline algaes started growing too. Its cheap and worth a try. Introduce to me by the auntie from Irwana.

Eric

• SRC Member
First time I heard of LAB28. What is it and what does it do?

Its the same as you dosing the vitamins and additives like reef plus.......just that its in cube form and you dont have to dose it everyday. I just dump 1 cube into my sump after every weekly water change out. I do notice a sudden increase in coraline algae after using this LAB 28 but I cant attribute the coraline growth entirely becos of LAB28 as I notice my tank has been quite stable ever since I use only de-min(DI) water plus the 4kg Phosban in the sump. I can only advice its worth a try for those who find difficulty in havng coraline algaes.

You can buy the LAB 28 at Irwana for ard a few bucks per cube. Result should show after the 8 cubes (8th week). Btw, mine is only a 3ft tank, so I only dose 1 cube although the instructions advice 2-3 cubes for my tank size. For those 4ft and above, you might need to use at least 2 cubes a week.

Eric

• SRC Member

first u got to go buy some coralline seeds..... :angel:

i think there is really no need to purposely grow coralline algae.... they are just a sign your tank is stable???

so question being how to grow coralline algae on LRs?

Answer: Make your tank water stable?

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.