RAV-65's Reef Haven...

RAV-65

Tank Update:

Have spoken to Dr Evil and he was kind enough to agree to modify my Aqualight pendant (3x250W) for me to add in another 2x250W, all for a small fee... That would make the pendant a total of 1250W (5x250W)... :evil::evil::evil:

The lights configuration would be:

<< 14KK - 10KK - 14KK - 10KK - 14KK >>

I'm doing this as I intend to run 3x250W BLV 14KK for about 6 hours a day and in between for about 2 hours I have the 10KK bulbs coming on, like a mid-day intensity and cook the SPS... :evil::evil:

Together with my T5s (5x80W) , at the peak, I have some 1650W of lights blasting into the tank... :yeah:

My only prayer now is that the electricity tariffs stop going up... :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank Update:

Have spoken to Dr Evil and he was kind enough to agree to modify my Aqualight pendant (3x250W) for me to add in another 2x250W, all for a small fee... That would make the pendant a total of 1250W (5x250W)... :evil::evil::evil:

I'm doing this as I intend to run 3x250W BLV 14KK for about 6 hours a day and in between for about 2 hours I have the 10KK bulbs coming on, like a mid-day intensity and cook the SPS... :evil::evil:

Together with my T5s (5x80W) , at the peak, I have some 1650W of lights blasting into the tank... :yeah:

bro, u are a little greedy. 5x250watt MH. :lol:

Good grief. Better invite everyone for ur house opening.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

No prob...

I need a new plasma TV, LCD also can.... a surround sound system, a microwave, a fridge, and OSIM iDesire :yeah: ... :lol::lol::lol:

ok.. we'll wait till after u finish getting all these stuff, we go to ur place.. hahahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Tank Update:

:ooh::eyeblur::bow:

Wah...qualify for S'pore Power Gold Membership already! :P:lol:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

i think Vinc should consider asking PUB to set up a power generator for him instead.. :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

bro, just curious what's the estimated running cost of your tank?

I heard someone locally owns a 10 feet by 10 feet by 5 feet tank at home. . he's really the man.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

I heard someone locally owns a 10 feet by 10 feet by 5 feet tank at home. . he's really the man.

commercial or personal?! :blink:

commercial or personal?! :blink:

sorry to disturb your thread vin. . personal tank.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Rough estimate would be easily $600-700 a month... :sick::sick:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Tank Update :

Went to a Home and Decor show at Singapore Expo on Monday... happen to come across this device which is used to hang wet clothes after being washed....

There is this particular version that allows you to pull and release the "clothes rack" up and down... tinking about using it to hang my MH lights pendant... :P

Would be good for my SPS if I can raise and lower the lightings... :yeah:

According to the seller, the device can hold weight up to about 25KG.... wat do you guys tink... anyone using it for their tanks?? :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Tank Update :

Went to a Home and Decor show at Singapore Expo on Monday... happen to come across this device which is used to hang wet clothes after being washed....

There is this particular version that allows you to pull and release the "clothes rack" up and down... tinking about using it to hang my MH lights pendant... :P

According to the seller, the device can hold weight up to about 25KG.... wat do you guys tink... anyone using it for their tanks?? :)

I think some of those senior reefers using this. Not sure is the same. But i think so be no problem.

;)

• SRC Member
Tank Update :

That product belongs to my supplier , if u really want can get it at good price. :P

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

I think some of those senior reefers using this. Not sure is the same. But i think so be no problem.

;)

Bro,

you also senior+dedicated reefer mah... u never use ah??? can control your luminarcs up and down! Cool!! :yeah::yeah:

:lol::lol:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Wahahaha... can check for me?? I need one dat's around 6 feet long... better if it can be the more heavy-duty type... :)

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

No ploblem Bro. :lol:

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

Tank Update :

Just talked to my ID today... will be having a small kerb around 3 inches high built around my tank so that if the tankwater overflows, the water would be contained around the tank area!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

He also said he would help me lay the floor tiles to a slight gradient so that the water would "flow" to one side!!

So far, this guy really really impresses me... everything I tell him I wan, he accomodates... showed true willingness to go the extra mile for me and even told me not to change my window grills to save money!

Highly recommended.. anyone who needs a interior designer ###### renovator, can PM me for his contacts!! I dun anyhow recommend people unless I'm very sure they can do a good job! :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Hope this will not make your tank water line goes to one side too!

And the unbalanced weight becomes a burden on your floor loading.

:D

I was tinking to ask the tank maker to make the wooden stand also slant to one side to compensate the "slantiness" .... can or not har??

post-34-1105890976.jpg