How u add in new fish?

chanbi

Just know to see how u add in new fish to your tank (esp. Tang, angel)? Does anyone do FW dip? Quarantine for 1-2 weeks? Will it be even more stressful to the fish if we do that? I used to have problem with adding tang, angel. Not only does it develop white spot but also spread to other existing fishes (esp. my blue hippo tang). And now i manage to solve this by turning on my UV full time for a day or 2 and dose their food with garlic daily when i add in new fish.

Now....I quarantine my new fishes for at least 2 weeks b4 it goes into the main tank...n b4 it gets into my main tank...i will fresh water dip it for a min or so....

I find UV works for a while...but the best is garlic juice man! Can swear by it...though it can be quite troublesome to prepare.

Tks god nowadays my fishes hardly have any probs....

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

• SRC Member

Steamed with spring onion and ginger. Add salted vegetable and preserved plum to taste. Garnish with coriander and chilli. Serve immediately.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

The chef has spoken... :lol:

Well...if u r no-fuss person like me :P then....simply unpeel clove of garlic...use a pounder or an electric blender to blend/ pound it....after which....strain/ squeeze the paste for its juice....

Some choose to drink it...some choose to soak their fish food in the fresh juice for say 30mins b4 feeding them to the fishes. I chose the latter :D

Stay tuned next week for...mysis shrimp wif garlic juice :P

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

• SRC Member

hey loonz, if dun quarantine how u usually acc the fish? and how does the garlic juice work here... it seems we have to dose the food wif the juice, but if we dun quarantine the fish, does it mean we acc the fish, throw them in the tank and feed them wif garlic-dosed food? so wat does the garlic do, boost their immunity? :blink:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

I don't do quaratine as well (but very risky!!). I first pour about half the water in the bag away and slowing add my main tank water in small quantities to the bag every five minutes. In half an hour, pour away most of the water in the bag and slide the fish into the tank. So far so good.