Jackson's 4x2x2

Jackson6745

My 120G System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flow: GenX PCX55 return pump plumbed to 2 penductors + 2 Tunze stream 6100's w/multicontroller.

Filtration: MR2 dual beckett skimmer with an upgraded Pan world 200PS pump. Micron filter bags are also used.

Lighting: 2x250 DE 10k BLV's (PFO mini pendants) PFO HQI ballast + 3 110w URI VHO actinics on an IC660 ballast

Misc Equipment: pacific coast 1/4 HP chiller, Geo calcium reactor, Ranco dual stage temp controller, Tunze osmalator (top off), Milwaukee PH controller

Maintence: Skimmer throat is cleaned weekely and waste collecter emptied every other day or so. Micron bags changed every 2-3 days. Each morning the tank recieves a Tunze blast where I remove the stream from the bracket and blast any detritus free from the rocks. This really helps keeping the tank clean. 25 gallon water changes are usually done every other week or so.

Anyway, Here's the pics

post-34-1127612589.jpg

I poured epoxy over starboard and sprinkled on some sand. I used a pour-on-epoxy which is used to create a high gloss finish on wood furniture. One the epoxy dries it feels like sand paper. :fear:

Water parameters: calcium 440ppm, alk 10dkh, magnesium 1300ppm, PH 8.1-8.3, temp 79-80F, phosphate .02, nitrate undectable

My 120G System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flow: GenX PCX55 return pump plumbed to 2 penductors + 2 Tunze stream 6100's w/multicontroller.

Filtration: MR2 dual beckett skimmer with an upgraded Pan world 200PS pump. Micron filter bags are also used.

Lighting: 2x250 DE 10k BLV's (PFO mini pendants) PFO HQI ballast + 3 110w URI VHO actinics on an IC660 ballast

Misc Equipment: pacific coast 1/4 HP chiller, Geo calcium reactor, Ranco dual stage temp controller, Tunze osmalator (top off), Milwaukee PH controller

Maintence: Skimmer throat is cleaned weekely and waste collecter emptied every other day or so. Micron bags changed every 2-3 days. Each morning the tank recieves a Tunze blast where I remove the stream from the bracket and blast any detritus free from the rocks. This really helps keeping the tank clean. 25 gallon water changes are usually done every other week or so.

Anyway, Here's the pics

Nice set-up Jackson.

From the list of your equipments I guess you are not local? Are you from the states? Where about?

Welcome to SRC! ;):D:peace:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Nice set-up Jackson.

From the list of your equipments I guess you are not local? Are you from the states? Where about?

Welcome to SRC! ;):D:peace:

Thanks. I've been a member here for a while but more of a lurker rather than a poster :D you guys know your stuff over here.

I am from the states, in New York.

later,

Rich

• SRC Member
I poured epoxy over starboard and sprinkled on some sand. I used a pour-on-epoxy which is used to create a high gloss finish on wood furniture. One the epoxy dries it feels like sand paper. :fear:

Water parameters: calcium 440ppm, alk 10dkh, magnesium 1300ppm, PH 8.1-8.3, temp 79-80F, phosphate .02, nitrate undectable

How are you coping with the phosphate levels? :thanks: