Hang on the Wall Aquariums

tayhonglee

• SRC Member

hi guys,

i know the title is slightly obscene.....but does anyone know what is the heaviest load i can hang on the wall? im thinking of a fowlr that is 8 or 10 ft long, 7 inches tall and 4 inches in depth.

thanks!

henry

something like this picture i scanned from a magazine

post-11-1127964891.jpg

• SRC Member

nothing is impossible....

just a matter of using how thick a glass or how big the fastening material....

must calculate properly and make sure murphy don't come find u can already

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

piang oi!! i have no idea what you mean man.......but thanx anyway. :)

im not worried about the brackets that hold the tank on the wall. im more worried about the wall. my house is those really old 3 room flat, so im not sure what type of bricks separate my neighbour and i. if its hollow blocks, then i think a 8 feet long and 4 inch deep tank will definitely crack the bricks.

anyone here has a similar tank to what im thinking?

• SRC Member

first of all, i would advise you to buy an authentic one from the manufacturer that you scanned from the magazine.

secondly, the walls must be concrete, not like gypson boards. partition wall can make it as well.

let me know if you really and sincerely want to purchase one, can get you a good price.

check out at www.aquaticstyle.com.sg

post-304-1148825424.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gif

That just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to,

doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

• SRC Member

hey, thanks for the link :thanks: ....i checked it out already.....

they have 1 that is that is 8 feet long, 15.5 inch tall and 5.5 inch deep, so i guess its doable.

thank for the offer aquabeAnz! i really appreciate it, but i don't think i can afford something like that right now....sure to cost a bomb. plus im planning to link it to my current tank. should be able to handle the extra bioload and water volumn, since im using an oversized skimmer and chiller, together with ozone and orp controller. wall tank itself would not have any equipment inside, except for a powerhead.

not planning to have any corals, just some live rock and lots of reef unsafe fishes.....triggers, angels, wrasses, tiny frogfish, something like that.

anyone has a tank like that? i would love to come over and study how it works.... :P