• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

My alage benny have MIA :( . My chromis strenght have reduce from 9 to 6. Seems like my high NO3 is starting to kill my fishes. Therefore i have decided to get two more seio to blow at the back of the tank, remove the rock in my sump and also clean the sump ( alot of detrius). Planning to get ROwa to reduce my high PO4 too. Waiting for bonus....

Current tank

Past tank

• 1 month later...

Skim wet... remove the wastes before they get a chance to break down = less Nitrate produced in the end :D All the best bro and thanks for sharing your testimony on Rowaphos... now I am convinced and ready to spend a bit more for the quality.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

a bit scared to tune wet. had two flooding before.

Oh yours is an external skimmer... maybe a bit wetter... nothing drastic for a start... then increase slowly... of course there are other means to reduce NO3... since yours is considered emergency, do you wanna consider chemical product such as Nitratlock? I think RD carries a few products of this nature.

Personally I consider NO3 = 50 code red already ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

NO3 has been 50 for a quite awhile liao. My skimmer is insump however the collection bottle is external

From what I heard... if your tank has all the while at that high level, most of your LS already sorta gotten used to it... as long as it is not a drastic spike... which means... if you are to use some potent chemicals to reduce NO3, do it slowly too...

Haiz... then no choice lor... can tune bit by bit lah... nothing drastic... but wet skimming will definitely make a diff in your NO3 in the long run (which is desirable in your case) since your DIY denitrator doesn't seems to be working :nc: