Deltec MCE600 Hang-on skimmer

Earth

• SRC Member
oh bros u using the mce600 one more thing...can help measure from base to point of hang on have how much clearance? tank will be about 1.5 ft in height and placed on table so wondering if have enough vertical clearance.

Thanks!

eh bro jokes aside i really need a reply to the question i posted above.

• SRC Member
oh bros u using the mce600 one more thing...can help measure from base to point of hang on have how much clearance? tank will be about 1.5 ft in height and placed on table so wondering if have enough vertical clearance.

Thanks!

Unit base to point of hanging = 800mm or 11"

Currently I am hanging this unit on the wall of the sump and here is a pic taken just after maintenance yesterday.

post-17-1129533012.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member
HI,

Can I know the noise level?

read from other forum there is user facing noise problem coming from the vibration of the pump on acrylic wall of the skimmer....

:thanks:

You will enjoy free vibration operation with the unit as long as possible until or after the 1st mainitenace where you "strip" the unit and assemble it again.

Depending on your skill level, the vibration noise may or may not happen. It will not happen if the pump is slot tightly to the inlet piping otherwise it will results in vibration due to loosely couple connection.

Found this out the hard way .... :angry:

Anyway, the vibration noise won't irritate you and is easily cancel out by surrounding noise.

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member
Hi Nim,

May I know for this skimmer, are there any micro bubbles escaping from the outlet? Also what is the flowrate of the pump used? Thank you.

The design of this skimmer doesn't allows any micro-bubbles to escape to the outlfow compartment as it is well contain inside the reaction chamber.

Pump flowrate?

Can't remember but I believe the AquaBee pump to be at least a 2000 L/H using the patented Deltec pinwheel.

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.