COE prices for Oct 05

silverfish

KM will be bringing in the 2.0L civic at ard $80k but now the COE crashed so I dunno if the prices will hold or not. Heard due to arrive in Jan.

160bhp K20 engine, cruise control with IHCC Radar. Cool....

yup....... many many new tech toys........ engine is @ 159bhp to be exact. but some how or rather i juz dun like the looks of it. :ph34r: seems very un-coupe like.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
half-hearted la bro, i shld hv waited for a couple of mths more. i m speculating that the coe will drop further. refund will be deducted 2moro, coz i am gonna settle the full downpayment 2moro.

u buy high, u sell high.

u buy low, u sell low.

diff is u dun lugi so much on bank loan as the amt u borrow is significantly lower. but i think banks will be raising interest rates soon, coz judging by the rate the new car prices r dropping, they will not be able to maintain their profit margins.

Never mind lah, you can never catch the lowest point, be it the COE, stock market or property.

But hor, the theory buy high sell high may not apply in this case for cars. Say you bought your car at $80,000 example including the COE at $12,000. If further down the road, the COE drop further to maybe $5,000, the new car selling price will be about $5,000 cheaper and at that point of time, used car price will be based on new car price and then factored in the depreciation. The conclusion is that you may have to sell you car at a lower price if you are changing to a new car.

Never mind lah, you can never catch the lowest point, be it the COE, stock market or property.

But hor, the theory buy high sell high may not apply in this case for cars. Say you bought your car at $80,000 example including the COE at $12,000. If further down the road, the COE drop further to maybe $5,000, the new car selling price will be about $5,000 cheaper and at that point of time, used car price will be based on new car price and then factored in the depreciation. The conclusion is that you may have to sell you car at a lower price if you are changing to a new car.

that's why i did not even base on used car market to tabulate my break even period. my buy high sell high mentality (namely paper value) applies to scraping cars. ;)

Austin's Birthday

.png

yup....... many many new tech toys........ engine is @ 159bhp to be exact. but some how or rather i juz dun like the looks of it. :ph34r: seems very un-coupe like.

starting pple not used to the look lar.

That time Merc E-class come out pple also say not nice, end up now also accepted liao.

K20 around that power one, somemore the new civic weights ard 1260kg so quite power liao, imagine same engine as accord but in ligther chasis... go NS highway got pple come rob you also can pull away lol unless the robber in super cars one lar then different story.

i heard the new civic is damn good. worth the money.. haha.

mark x unless u got alot of spare $$. parts are not avaliable locally and i heard that the parts are not cheap. i find it quite a nice car too.

Waiting for it to land in the KM showroom then I go test drive. But aiya itchy backside only... cannot buy lol... guess I wait for gen 9th civic liao lol.

starting pple not used to the look lar.

That time Merc E-class come out pple also say not nice, end up now also accepted liao.

K20 around that power one, somemore the new civic weights ard 1260kg so quite power liao, imagine same engine as accord but in ligther chasis... go NS highway got pple come rob you also can pull away lol unless the robber in super cars one lar then different story.

dun play play hor...... modified proton very power one leh...... juz look @ ther milo "kong". :P

Austin's Birthday

.png

dun play play hor...... modified proton very power one leh...... juz look @ ther milo "kong". :P

aiya milo kong or coconut kong only make noise one lar.... so much noise but cannot run also no use.

I only scared of the "qu qu qu" "piss piss piss" (BOV) sound only..... hear that better siam one side unless you drive EVO or STI lol.

aiya milo kong or coconut kong only make noise one lar.... so much noise but cannot run also no use.

I only scared of the "qu qu qu" "piss piss piss" (BOV) sound only..... hear that better siam one side unless you drive EVO or STI lol.

i oso know for sound onli..... good illustration ma. :P

as for BOV, hmmmmm...... really hv to make way.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Alamak... come to tink of it... my car really the fuel tank leaking leh.... :(

And who say drive different car must drive different speed?!?! :angry::angry:

If I driving Ferrari, I drive even slower... den all the gals can see me in the car! :yeah::yeah::yeah: if not ZOOM, gone liao... for wat?! :D :D :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Mark X shares the same chasis as Lexus GS300, just slightly spec down. But at 60K cheaper than the GS, it's a good start toward V6 luxury.

Now its time to go for BMW 320. Heard it is selling at 135K and C200 at 120K. They are both fighting for top conti spot in singapore so slashing price. Imagine the 320 debute at 155K just 2 months ago!

The 2.7L STi may not be as power as the current one.

I'm waiting to see the IS250 next year.....decisions, decisions. Turbo or V6?

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

That's why the JDMs are most fun. But then again difficult to get 100% Octane feul to play with them here.

I am waiting to see hwo they will make the new Euro-R (accord, Integra and civic). I had loved the EP3 for a long while but never approved to buy by CFO. :(

• SRC Member

Chris,

Think the IS250 will be using the same engine as the Mark X. As for the Beemer 320, is it a V6 or still a 4 cylinder with 2 valves each like the old version? To think that such top end car using 4 cylinders and 8 valves in their old 320i. Kinda of an insult thats why I did not even look at it. But then again, have to give it to them that BMW really did a good job of tuning the exhaust, kinda of like the way the exhaust sounds from a beemer.

Think the C class can give it a miss. Really a let down, even the new model, I heard.

Currently, think the Octane 100 fuel is only available from Caltex, the Platinum. I have seen one WRX STi Spec C JDM filling up with Glod (Octane 98) before and do not know if the driver knows what he is into? Willing to spent so much on a car and yet so 'niau' on the petrol. :(

I tink the BMW has a 6-inline engine.... and the brilliance of the BMW is not only in the exhaust... it has the smoothest and sweetest auto gear box around, at all rev range, you can never feel the gear change... :)

BTW... can explain the JDM and the octtane 100 thingy?? why JDM must use oct 100 ah??

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
I tink the BMW has a 6-inline engine.... and the brilliance of the BMW is not only in the exhaust... it has the smoothest and sweetest auto gear box around, at all rev range, you can never feel the gear change... :)

BTW... can explain the JDM and the octtane 100 thingy?? why JDM must use oct 100 ah??

The 320 is not, oni 4.........325 and 330 then 6.......but still a beemer!!! :P

• SRC Member

JDM=Japan Domestic Market

Octane100=Octane rating of 100

JDM and Octane100 are related in the sense that in Japan, all petrol are Octane 100 no matter where you pump in the country. So, all those high turbo charged or rotary engine that are meant for Japan domestic market, the on board ECU are programmed for Octane100. If you get a parallel imported car that is meant for JDM, then if you use Octane98 or 95, then there is a possibility of damaged to engine in the long run.

For those saloon car that are from JDM, pump in Octane 98 still not too bad as how often you trash such cars? I drive a JDM saloon car and the manual that comes with the car (written in Japanese) does not specify any minimum Octane rating to be used, this further comfirms the reason above.

Those made in Japan car that are brought in by the authorised dealer has the ECU customised for the Singapore market.

• SRC Member

The beauty of the ultimate driving machine is in the RWD and for 325 and 330, the Active Steering is a plus. Quite shiok. normal car turn 13 degree then wheel turn 1 degree. AC turn 8 degree wheel turn 1 degree. Can use 1 hand to do U-turn.

Agree that the 320 could be built better but then again at 135K for a Beemer, that's a steal. Only problem is it will litter the road. The 330 is a true BM spirit but that will be 200+K.

Japan local uses 100 Octane so cars are tuned that way for JDM. For export to Europe and Us, these cars are usually turned down to enable the car to take their common 92 Octane level. Of course higher Octane mean more power lah. haha

• SRC Member

maybe should take a look at the new Lexus IS250 ... 220BHP

vroom vroom .... ;)

U sure can afford one ! :D

Aiya, you also can afford one mah....same same....you know I know can already lah. :whistle . BTW most of 'our' boys like beemer, you know any reason or not ah? :heh: Heard some stories about the sales executive at performance motor gives 'special' service one leh. :evil:

The beauty of the ultimate driving machine is in the RWD and for 325 and 330, the Active Steering is a plus. Quite shiok. normal car turn 13 degree then wheel turn 1 degree. AC turn 8 degree wheel turn 1 degree. Can use 1 hand to do U-turn.

Huh? every car I drive, I use one hand to do U-turn leh... :P

Maybe I used to do coz the 1st car I drive no power-steering... :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

this round of coe prices really tempting me to scrap my car and get my dream car (at the moment) SUV .. toyota fortuner!

being a 1st time car owner, there's some noob questions i hope u bros wouldn't mind helping me with :P

say my parf & coe rebate value when scrap is ard 40k and my outstanding loan is 50k.

does this mean that i would have to fork out at least 10k++ even though i trade in my car?

looking for the cheapest way to get my dream car la :P

anyone willing to explain to me how this parf/coe rebate thingy works? :thanks: