Fishes

kee

i think the 2 ft shdnt even have a 8cm fish in it moreover 5-6 pieces. IMO get the smallest u can find of the species u want. u will be happier seeing them have more space to swim

believe less then 50% of wat ppl tell u n bring it up tp 99% by confirming it urself

I don't keep damsels in my 2.5ft. Found them too aggressive, especially in confine spaces. I try to keep docile fishes in my tank.

There are several considerations though. Are you planning on having a reef tank or a FOWLR? Some fishes are not reef safe.

Plan your inhabitants carefully. Some of the fishes are compatible with each other, while some are mortal enemies. Some spend more time in the top half of your tank while others hug the sandbed.

In my tank, I have chromis, tomato clown, mandarin, blue tang, yellow wrasse, watchman goby.

Chromis and clowns are related to damsels. The blue green chromis is a peaceful schooling fish. Good for beginners. Inhabit the upper reaches of the tank.

The tomato clown can be a little bit aggressive but it can get along with other fishes.

Tha mandarin and watchman goby will stay near the LRs and the sandbed. Also peaceful fishes. Try not to keep the mandarin unless your tank is quite matured and has lots of pods (live food).

The blue tang and yellow wrasse are not aggressive. Like the chromis, they are quite active and will swim around a lot. Beware, some say that the yellow wrasse is not reef safe, but I have no problem with it.

Hope this gives you an idea of the kind of fishes to keep and how to plan your fish population.

As for how many fishes you can keep? There are no hard and fast rules. Start with a few and add others if you think that your tank still looks empty. Remember to give your fish swimming room and plan for when they increase in size.

Cheers