Sally Lighfoot

Nautical

• SRC Member

I have a sally lightfoot for may be three months. very active and hard working creature.

Then one morning, saw him dead at one corner of the live rock. Next two days, the various parts of the body started to disintegrate. Very sad indeed. :(:cry2:

This morning, saw a much larger sally lightfoot. At least 25% larger than the previous one. :o

Then it occured to me .... the creature just went through a molting process. It looks like a tarantula with much elongated legs and a bigger body. ;)

i am sure some of you have these experiences. please share.

now my concern is since it is larger, will it hard my other fishes ?

• SRC Member
now my concern is since it is larger, will it hard my other fishes ?

sorry, the words .... "now my concern is since it is larger, will it hard my other fishes ?" should read as :

now my concern is since it is larger, will it HARM my other fishes ?

• SRC Member

depends on how small ur fishes are and how big the crab has become...

Funny.. my sally lightfoot is shy like crazy... I tot it died but somehow it appeared a few times only to dissapear again.. haven't seen it for a week or two already

• SRC Member

looks like ervine's and my sally lightfoot are the shy type. :paiseh:

zephyros' must be training from the WWE wrestling academy, jumping around and not shy ... must be in show biz. :P;)

thanks for the feedback. :thanks:

• SRC Member

i had the same "shock" whn i saw the carcass of my cleaner shrimp. turns out its ok. and when it happened to my sallylightfoot, i knew what to expect. my concern with the bigger critters is that it cant get in between the rocks as it used to, therfore it cant b a efficient cleaners as they once were isnt it? Anyone knows how big the sallylightfoot can become?