atman chiller problem...

if the temperature controller is due .. well was tinking that the motor shld still be moving rite...was like sitting there waiting to feel the hot air frm the chiller but nothing...

:huh:

thank u !

the thermostat controller is the single device that activates ur chiller, so if it is faulty, ur compressor wun be running.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

I also have an Atman Chiller problem. It was running fine but a few days ago I noticed that the temperature indicated was going up instead of down. The set used to be quite hot when running, but no more so. There is , however, no error message on the LCD indicator.

Need advice on what's wrong with my chiller. Could it also be thermostat problem?

• SRC Member
I also have an Atman Chiller problem. It was running fine but a few days ago I noticed that the temperature indicated was going up instead of down. The set used to be quite hot when running, but no more so. There is , however, no error message on the LCD indicator.

Need advice on what's wrong with my chiller. Could it also be thermostat problem?

a few question:

1. is your chiller runs continuously, almost non-stop?

2. does your condenser fan still blowing hot air?

3. does it cool down your tank water temperature now?

if those questions: yes, no, no, i guess it is time to re-fill the cooler gas (refrigerant). and there may be some leakage of the cooler gas from the chiller piping. you need to get the chiller guy to do the check and fix it for you :)

age.png

• SRC Member
1. is your chiller runs continuously, almost non-stop?

2. does your condenser fan still blowing hot air?

3. does it cool down your tank water temperature now?

Answers:

1. Yes, but I think only the fan is running non-stop

2. No, the air is a little warm, hardly hot as it used to be.

3. I tried with a pail of water instead of the sump and no change in temperature

at all.

The thermostat is working because it does register changes in temperature.

What then could be the problem? Looks like I'll need to get the chiller guy.

• SRC Member

if your compressor is working and your thermostat can register temperture reading, most likely your chiller is run out of refrigerant. there may be the leakage of the refrigerant in the chiller piping. the chiller man will help you to check and refill the gas for you :)

age.png

• SRC Member

Well , my atman chiller have broke down three times

first the thermostat , 2nd the fan motor then the 3rd transistor

However , after fixing it up by cookie muster friend for the past many

many months .. i been sleeping in peace

• SRC Member

hahaha andy, you must had a sleepless night with so many problems with your chiller :P

atman chiller always those 2 common problems: thermonstat and compressor capacitor. if there is a leak of refrigerant, mainly the problem is the join between copper pipe and titanium pipe :)

age.png