post-32-1129031034.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Hopefully i'll be able to get CB seahorses when the diatom on my sandbed has cleared up

meanwhile im trying to get the macroalgae to grow onto adjacent rock/sand.. thick growth of algae will be suitable "feeding station" for SH .. coz it should be able to hold on to the food that i'll be tossing in

Finally please provide constructive comments :)

Hmm..diatoms won't really affect the health of seahorses but if you want to grow macroalgae diatoms might smother them. You can let the diatom episode pass by topping up with r/o or distilled water. Then for future water changes avoid using tapwater at all costs. Your macroalgae should be able to take off by then. :)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Hi,

Actually there is no way to avoid disease even with UV. Previously, I only dip them in freshwater for 5 mins to get rid of parasite. Can see alot of organism dropping off the SH.

I would advice to get a chiller if you can afford it (2nd hand, if possible). First, there is not much salinity fluctuaction(lesser top up) and disease is less likely to occur at lower temp(24°c-25°c).

Seahorse was cheap(about $3/-) when I first started out but not now. So do serious thinking before commit. SH was also the first marine fish I started on. But sometimes food(hard to buy) and medication(hard to find, most of the time from website) really makes you want to give up.

Focus on your landscape and hopefully it will grow like a jungle then move on to SH. Take a step by step approach, no use rush, else you are throwing $$ away. Read up on http://forum.seahorse.org/ for more info. Jump-start your experience, not learn it the hard way. :thanks:

• SRC Member
Yea..back after 2 years of NS..

anyway.. the temp has dropped to 28c

so aStRoBo|, when will u be serving the nation :) ?

:D going through my last sem in my sch. shld be early next yr. ;)

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

wun last lah.. get those white color plastic chopsticks, get some macro algae like calapura (spelling a bit off) to cover it... it is even more natural.. :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• 1 month later...