Hang-On Skimmer

Hi All,

Need advice on whats brand and model of hang-on skimmer to consider as my current skimmer is a Weipro 2013 with RIO 10HF hang-on to main tank. Skimate of the Weipro is none satisfactory.

As my current 3x1.8x1.8 tank and cabinet design does not allow me to have a sump, I'm thinking of upgrading at least to a better quality skimmer.

All recomendation and advice is welcome.

Cheers.

• SRC Member

Im using marco needle 150 and the outlet does produce bubbles. But i used a sponge with a hole to divert the bubbles. Usually after 2 days of functioning or once the skimmer stablises, there will no bubbles. Unless u put your hands inside the tank.

you can consider Red Sea Primz. Its small and compact, everything is outside except the inlet tube. I would suggest the Red Sea Prim Pro, got compartment to put chemical filters. :D

Thanks for the advice everyone. After further research I find that the AquaC Remora Pro is the most appealing skimmer. Does anyone know if this skimmer is also ozne proof?

Would also appreciate if someone could advice me where can I get the best deal for the AquaC Remora Pro.

Cheers~

• SRC Member
Thanks for the advice everyone. After further research I find that the AquaC Remora Pro is the most appealing skimmer. Does anyone know if this skimmer is also ozne proof?

Would also appreciate if someone could advice me where can I get the best deal for the AquaC Remora Pro.

Cheers~

I am using AQUAC Remora for my 48"X18"X18". Good skimmer IMO. Try getting from Eaquanature online store. The Pro version is much more expensive. If you can wait (maybe indefinite), this skimmer appears once in a blue moon in Pasar Malam. I had tried sourcing from overseas online store but the price difference from local one is not too much. :rolleyes:

Cheers~

I am using Remora too.

I dun think there is a way to induce ozone. The Remora uses a spray injection method that do away with the air tube. ;)

Nevertheless, Remora is good investement for a HOT skimmer. :lol:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Found this from a review of the skimmer:-

"Another interesting feature is the supplied Rio pump comes with several fittings. One such attachment contains a venturi fitting where ozone could be connected if so desired. All AquaC skimmers are ozone proof."

Any bros bought the skimmer with Rio pump and does it really include the said fitting for ozone connection?

Cheers~

Found this from a review of the skimmer:-

"Another interesting feature is the supplied Rio pump comes with several fittings. One such attachment contains a venturi fitting where ozone could be connected if so desired. All AquaC skimmers are ozone proof."

Any bros bought the skimmer with Rio pump and does it really include the said fitting for ozone connection?

Cheers~

It is true that Aqua C Skimmer uses materials that are ozone safe.

However, as I have stated, the Remora does not have cater for Ozone infusion.

I believe the author that wrote the review is refering to Aqua C EV series skimmers.

HTH ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

Thanks all, I've decided and bought an AquaC Remora Pro from a bro reefer here.

Setup and running but I think the RIO 10HF pump I'm currently running it with is too strong. The spray injector is kind loud but the bubbles is great. So far no micro bubbles coming into the tank.

I'll be getting the RIO 1400 pump as recommended and hopefully the spray injector sound wont be too loud.

Cheers~

Great choice!

Try to run with the reccomended flow which is around 1400l/hr. Need not be Rio.

Personally, I find the Rios runs hotter as compared to some other European made pumps.

HTH

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of: