Alfa, VW or Volvo

hamannbmw

• SRC Member

Was thinking of changing my car end of this year, wondering which is better :

1. Alfa Romeo 156

2. VW golf GTI

3. Volvo S60 2.5TS

from my findings

1. Alfa - Not reliable, parts expensive, resale value sucks big time, fast but need

to modify

2. VW - accessories alot better than the rest, but not as spacious, fast too

3. Volvo - Powerful and huge, but the interior abit ah pek leh...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

GOLF GTi.... its definately a good car....

but i heard u got 6 to 8 months waiting list.....

oh boy..... :whistle

i suggest u wait for the Golf R32....

3.2 VR6 Golf.... akan datang.....

*trying hard to hold back his orgasm* :pinch:

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member
GOLF GTi.... its definately a good car....

but i heard u got 6 to 8 months waiting list.....

oh boy..... :whistle

i suggest u wait for the Golf R32....

3.2 VR6 Golf.... akan datang.....

*trying hard to hold back his orgasm* :pinch:

3.2 with turbo ? even without turbo also drink water lar....

• SRC Member
Now driving a S60 T5.  new interior with the aluminium finish is slightly better.  Loads of power.  Price for money compared to BMW and Mercs.  You can actually buy the normal S60, go to the mod shop and they do have an electronic component to sup up the car toa S60R. cost around 1k. Still cheaper than getting the S60R.  If known earlier would have bought the normal S60.  As for the car. nothing to complain except that drinks when driven hard but...... the power is really sweet.  Needless to say very safe car

S60 can soup it uo to S60R with just 1 k ?? I remember it was selling like 180K compare to a normal S60 is only 120+, I love the orange leather interior of the R :wub:

• SRC Member
you going to loot on track or loot on normal rd?

I guess if low level mod then loot a bit will ki-siao one.

for road lar not for track, if for track i'll get a evo's, selling pretty cheap now compare to last time.

U mean engine ki siao, no lar... if engine really ki siao, den timing belt also burst, spark plug also "chut" fire thru the bonnet liao :lol:

• SRC Member

Hi bleny, 1K is very cheap to be on par with the R's, however, if achieve such power still need to upgrade brake caliper and so on...

what i dun like about the car is

1. the aircon button, super huge, as if the driver is blind

2. the seats are very thick, hence taken up quite alot of space

but I like the car to be black with bodykit from agent, very fierce look.

for road lar not for track, if for track i'll get a evo's, selling pretty cheap now compare to last time.

U mean engine ki siao, no lar... if engine really ki siao, den timing belt also burst, spark plug also "chut" fire thru the bonnet liao :lol:

if cannot tahan liao you still loot hor, end up whole engine block burst ah.....

• SRC Member
if cannot tahan liao you still loot hor, end up whole engine block burst ah.....

alfa not so bad lar, I quite like the interior. U dun believe u drive civic and i drive alfa, go to LCK loot, see who faster... if i drive alfa sure win one, u know why .

人要比车凶 :lol:

• SRC Member
Hi bleny, 1K is very cheap to be on par with the R's, however, if achieve such power still need to upgrade brake caliper and so on...

what i dun like about the car is

1. the aircon button, super huge, as if the driver is blind

2. the seats are very thick, hence taken up quite alot of space

but I like the car to be black with bodykit from agent, very fierce look.

the 1 k is only for the small electronic box to change the "software" into firing up like a S60R. Am not very technical but that was what the guy shared with me. you are right, it does not include the upgrades in the brakes, rims, tires, suspension kit and tension bars.

the factory fitted body kit is alright but the one from Heico is very similar but the twin tail pipe looks better.

Seat looks big but I feel that they are one of the best around. Feel that they are comfy but hugging. Prefer them to those in BMW and mercs. Ones in VW used to be hard but hugging.

Mine is also black with black tint from huper optics. when warraNTY is over may try out the electronic box thingy

• SRC Member

Ic, the 1K is for the ECU upgrades, but I dun think it will achieve 300bhp like the 60R only on the tuning/upgrading ECU alone.

Yes, I would agree that the seat are pretty comfortable, not forgetting the sound proofing is good as well.

yours still under warranty must be quite new. how much u pay when u bought ? Any idea whether the new models will be out soon huh ?

• SRC Member

hai ya! don't talk about my price. now with COE at this level, heart bleed. mine is less than 1 yr old. when i bought it, they say that new model MAY be out 3rd quarter. but still don't see any thing from magazines yet.

one thing for sure you must get IF you are getting the volvo, make sure you get the built-in phone. it is a sweet sweet thing. you will never regret it.

• SRC Member
hai ya! don't talk about my price. now with COE at this level, heart bleed. mine is less than 1 yr old. when i bought it, they say that new model MAY be out 3rd quarter. but still don't see any thing from magazines yet.

one thing for sure you must get IF you are getting the volvo, make sure you get the built-in phone. it is a sweet sweet thing. you will never regret it.

the bulit in phone is those old model nokia phone right ?