Alfa, VW or Volvo

hamannbmw

• SRC Member
that type of 龍 different from this type of 龍.

he doesnt know abotu Tian long..... only puay leng chai

level too high .. got any kong fu >> relate to animal with 4 legs etc ? :o

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
黑狗四脚朝天掌 - black dog four leg facing sky palm 

打狗棒can kill it or not?

Wow !! 黑狗四脚朝天掌 ...what is that ? first hear it .. looking at it..must be powerful ???

but 打狗棒> proven ma.. sure k kill it.

last post b4 i sleep... we are way off topic, back to car thread.

lets start with alfa

Hi! Just wanna share some stuff with u, first of all, I'm currently driving an Alfa Romeo 147 1.6l manual, performance of the car, I would say I'm very happy with it, do have a friend who just bought a 156JTS, car has got lots of torque, mid to high is ver strong. For myself, the onli complain I have is some sounds from the under carriage. When I first got my car, still in stock condition, tested with my fren's stock Civic EG9 for a stretch of 30 tiang distance, took him by abt 3 car lengths...keke (think abt it, his car is 10 yrs older then mine, can't blame)

As for the VW Golf GTi, I have nothing much to say abt them cos I used to be a VW Sales Facilitator. The GTi is a fun a to drive, the low end torque comes in so early without u even knowing it, it pulls like nobody's business, I would say the car is damn fast. Got to know that a stock GTi managed to clock 260km/h on NS highway....btw in stock condition.

As for Volvo S60 T5, feedbacks from owners themselves, car is fast but doesn't handle that well in tight situations. However, don't deny the car is really tough.

Simple, just go test drive all of them, buy wat u like and not buy wat others influence u to, if not u are gonna regret it. As long as its a car that u like, even if it gives u problem, u won't feel so hard pain, imagine a car u dont really fancy and gives problem....#$%^$&**& :look:

• SRC Member

Let you try my GTi the next time we meet at LFS. That day at LCK if you had told me, would have let you take a spin to try out the engine. Mine is 4th gen (MK4) and the curretn one is 5th gen(MK5). But min egot lots of mod done so the feel is similar to 220hp!

Alfa and Volvo got bad resell value. GTi got lots of fun

There is only one GTi.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
Let you try my GTi the next time we meet at LFS. That day at LCK if you had told me, would have let you take a spin to try out the engine. Mine is 4th gen (MK4) and the curretn one is 5th gen(MK5). But min egot lots of mod done so the feel is similar to 220hp!

There is only one GTi.

no offense... :peace:

but heard MK4 is the worst of all the GTis.....

and the MK5 is like the saviour of the GTis.....

still... its good to know that if MK4 is shiok....

MK5..... URGH!!! :pinch: *trying hard not to orgaze*

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

No. The MK4 is not the worst. It is the MK3 and I have driven it before too. The MK5 chasis is 70% stiffer than the MK4 so I agree that the MK5 is better.

If I am going to change car, the MK5 would make me happier than my MK4. Somemore the MK5 is cheapre than last time I paid for MK4.

But a modded MK4 is not the same as a stock MK4. :)

So Simon. If you try the MK4 and like it, the MK5 will make you wet!

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

There is only one GTi.

wow... ty for yr offer, I would certainly like to give it a try. I went to the showroom about 2 months back. Like the car very much, but my wife dun really like it.

I was also doing a comparison between the golf GTI and the E60 320. After reading lots of comeents from the BMW forum, I think golf is still a good buy (good accessories/ comfortable / value for money) though boot space is smaller than the bimmer, but they siad the interior is more spacious than the bimmer.

• SRC Member

Some question on the Golf GTI as it interest me also. Is the car easily serviced by outside mechanics? Or one still need to bring them back to the distributor for servicing? How about the availability of spare parts? Is Cars & Cars still the same distributor for Golf? What would in your opinion be a chio colour? Blue, Red or Black? Whats the highest attainable output if mod is done on a new GTI Mk5?

• SRC Member
Some question on the Golf GTI as it interest me also.  Is the car easily serviced by outside mechanics?  Or one still need to bring them back to the distributor for servicing?  How about the availability of spare parts?  Is Cars & Cars still the same distributor for Golf?  What would in your opinion be a chio colour?  Blue, Red or Black?  Whats the highest attainable output if mod is done on a new GTI Mk5?

Weisoon, thats a good Q, I would like the know the max mod output of a MK5, and also roughly how much to attain such levels...

lastly, anyone knows the forum for VW