Crabs - Do we need to get rid of them?

• SRC Member

Tried that before also never work, wat i did if possible take out the rock with the crab and leave it out in the open on top of some newspaper than the next day i sure find a few crabs out. If u dont mind killing the rock :D

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

Or maybe use a copper wire and tie a bait and leave it near the rock(after putting it in a separate place e.g sump)then wait...............

or more to wild imagination..would me calling the caulsburg beer submarine and set up a stall there...

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

Must acknowledge that creative ideas have kept the thread alive. Thank you. Some are quite entertaining too.

I am really looking for a method, with a demonstrated capability of catching crabs, without adverse consequence to the other tank inhabitants. I know I cannot be the first person facing this problem, so I really hope I can get an idea.

Thanks! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

bro, was experiencing the same. Was killing my fishes man! any newcomer will just dissapear in a matter of days. The biggest crab i called it "Monster" was like 4 inch big super hairry.

My wife have seen how pissed i was and she suggested to take out all the rocks and redo. So did just that. Caught almost 30 crabs man! It may be tough but was f.......g satisfying. Maybe you should reconsider too.My tank is 4ftX1.5X2.5

Not forgetting i tried a bundle of ways recommended by our brudder reefers to catch the monster but failed.

• SRC Member

Ok...just got rid of some of my crabs..

the method i used was simple..i put the rocks in fresh water(just my wild idea of making the crabs stunned) then i used a needle to poke into the rocks(nuking) the needle is not the normal one but the one which is in 10cm in size (very sharp and thick) which is used to poke through lemons..the needle can be bought from department stores..or try just the biggest needle you have.

just my 2 cents.it worked for me.

*another wild idea to share

THE influence from popeye the sailor

use undies to catch big crabs.

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

I left my liverocks out of water, in an empty pail. the crabs came out themselves.. Maybe a fantail filefish would help? & it's not as aggressive as a dottyback..

I left my liverocks out of water, in an empty pail. the crabs came out themselves.. Maybe a fantail filefish would help? & it's not as aggressive as a dottyback..

• 1 month later...