Rocks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Call me too...not good to keep wine - best to finish the whole bottle :paiseh: *hicks*

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Believe its not for serious drinking....

Any of the New World wines will be ok...try South African...between i will recommend Red Wine rather than white for the occassion, more choice of combi with foods.

bro u into wine too???

welll i heard that there is a certain "grape" wine from French only come in during X'mas and quite sweet and popular...

anyone know the detail of this wine...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

seriously ... how to keep unfinished white/red wine har?

Store in a decanter or if no decanter ###### it up and store in chiller (wine chiller that is).... consume within the week.

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

Store in a decanter or if no decanter ###### it up and store in chiller (wine chiller that is).... consume within the week.

One wek is too long.

Consume within 3 days.

Anyway it doesnt take long or more than 2 people to finish up an entire bottle.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

A week is still ok for stronger wines if you got a chiller. Yes, 'softer' wines will then need to be consume within several days. Rule of thumb, colder, opened wines age slower....but that doesn't mean you can chuck it into the freezer! lol

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

A week is still ok for stronger wines if you got a chiller. Yes, 'softer' wines will then need to be consume within several days. Rule of thumb, colder, opened wines age slower....but that doesn't mean you can chuck it into the freezer! lol

yup agree. . .

Get a wine chiller if u are a serious drinker.

Do not place it in ur normal kitchen chiller bcuz u will be opening/closing the chiller like 10-15 times a day. ur wine will spoil faster than u noe.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

If u just wanna to store abt 16 bottles, might wan to look at Farfalla brand at Carrefurre.... There sells below $200. i got mine there..... :yeah:

Bro acidjazz is right to say that open wine best to consume not more than 3 days. and try not keep in the fridge for too long as the temp between the fridge and wine chiller is different. :D Wine best stored at 16-18 degree.

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

bro u into wine too???

welll i heard that there is a certain "grape" wine from French only come in during X'mas and quite sweet and popular...

Been drinking for sometime already...nowadays not too concerned on the type of wines (not connoisseur)...

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

seriously ... how to keep unfinished white/red wine har?

Why u wanna keep? wine is like wxmxn, you gotta finish when you open it, you can't keep it (the best parallel i can draw).

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Wine is like a woman. The older it gets, the better it is.

Invest in a wine chiller.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

thanks guys for the wine keeping tips. will bear in mind to finish a bottle of wine within 3 days.

Not too sure about the wine & women part... "The older it gets, the better it is" and "you gotta finish when you open it, you can't keep it" ... interesting... :lol: ... this christmas I will be having wine with young women.. so best of both world? ;)

So if my wine can't finish within a day, I still get a chance to invite those young women for a second round the next night to finish the wine. :lol::lol:

CHEERS!

• SRC Member

bro u into wine too???

i think u are referring to the beaujolas nouveau... usually to be drunk young... by french law its to be released no earlier than the 3rd thursday of november.... this yrs release in france is due on 17th nov 2005. just rem that its to be taken young..... hope this yrs is yummy.... mark the date 17th nov 2005 if u r keen...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
thanks guys for the wine keeping tips. will bear in mind to finish a bottle of wine within 3 days.

Not too sure about the wine & women part... "The older it gets, the better it is" and "you gotta finish when you open it, you can't keep it" ... interesting... :lol: ... this christmas I will be having wine with young women.. so best of both world? ;)

So if my wine can't finish within a day, I still get a chance to invite those young women for a second round the next night to finish the wine. :lol::lol:

CHEERS!

Hmmm....need some of my help in wine tasting? will be glad to attend your party...between i love merlots...

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Wine is like a woman. The older it gets, the better it is.

Invest in a wine chiller.

Not really. People keep wines because of the vintage. Certain climatic conditions during certain years will give wines of a certain region a certain characteristics thats different from the previous batches.

WInes hardly bottle aged nowadays. Mostly barrel aged. The reason is due to the reaction and the flavors imparted from the oak/maple barrel the wines are kept in. Thus the longer its kept, the stronger the flavor as more layers developed in the 'so called' bouquet and body.

In the bottle... No flavor ma.

My best theory, Buy it. DRink it.

Unless its some really rare wines which u cant get on the market often enuff or if u order bulk from vineyards abroad...

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member

Not really. People keep wines because of the vintage. Certain climatic conditions during certain years will give wines of a certain region a certain characteristics thats different from the previous batches.

WInes hardly bottle aged nowadays. Mostly barrel aged. The reason is due to the reaction and the flavors imparted from the oak/maple barrel the wines are kept in. Thus the longer its kept, the stronger the flavor as more layers developed in the 'so called' bouquet and body.

In the bottle... No flavor ma.

My best theory, Buy it. DRink it.

Unless its some really rare wines which u cant get on the market often enuff or if u order bulk from vineyards abroad...

Travy knows his wine ! You are right that the aging process is in the barrel, once you bottled it, its for consumption. People in SRC REALLY knows enjoyment, fishes, reefing, holidaying, wine drinking, appreciating the opposite ######, truly epicureans !

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Why u wanna keep? wine is like wxmxn, you gotta finish when you open it, you can't keep it (the best parallel i can draw).

hmmmm .... like squeezing the bottle till the last drop ........ hmmmmm :paiseh:

Ooops, guess we r digressing .... back to topic of WINE.

• SRC Member
i think u are referring to the beaujolas nouveau... usually to be drunk young... by french law its to be released no earlier than the 3rd thursday of november.... this yrs release in france is due on 17th nov 2005. just rem that its to be taken young..... hope this yrs is yummy.... mark the date 17th nov 2005 if u r keen...

Dazza, impressive :bow: Not many people know that.

Are you in the wine trade?

Lets all meet up for wine session. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Dazza, impressive :bow: Not many people know that.

Are you in the wine trade?

hahah no lah... just a wine drinker. Used to import for own consumption back when there were not many wine shops ard here. Now plenty of shops ard so just try n look out for gd bargains. Gd feeling especially when the ones u bgt goes up in value after a yr or 2.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :