175/65/R14 or 185/60/R14

Rocks

Only if you know what it means .. haik haik .. :lol:

Current : 175/65/R14

Need Advise : Remain at 175/65/R14 or change to 185/60/R14 ??

Which is better ?? Why ??

CHEERS!

Rocks

I will prefer the 185/60/R14 than the 175/65/R14 due to the fact that it is slightly broader and lower profile.

Broader - better grip on the road

Lower - more sporty

HTH ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

I will prefer the 185/60/R14 than the 175/65/R14 due to the fact that it is slightly broader and lower profile.

Broader - better grip on the road

Lower - more sporty

HTH ;)

Thank you. appreciate the feedback.

Deciding between (185/60/R14) Yokohama or Bridgestone.

Bridgestone GR80 (185/60/R14) - $76.70 each

Yokohama - $77.50 each

..... <_<

• SRC Member

Brother....wrong forum to ask this la......

Anyway low profile tires have more grip and sporty but noisy, expensive replacement, heavier and your car will consume more petrol lor. You got to weight the pros and cons yourself ;)

My humble car is currently running a 17" sports rim......very noisy and heavy but then very good when you "Aur" corner! Luckily my petrol is sponsor by my company :paiseh:

• SRC Member

Anyway low profile tires have more grip and sporty but noisy, expensive replacement, heavier and your car will consume more petrol lor. You got to weight the pros and cons yourself  ;)

My humble car is currently running a 17" sports rim......very noisy and heavy but then very good when you "Aur" corner! Luckily my petrol is sponsor by my company  :paiseh:

Thanks for your feedback also... err ... i didn't register any car forum mah... :lol::lol: and here got a kopi-tiam so try asking lor.

Me a normal car driver so if different width concern petrol then my eyes big big liao... save $$ is my first priority.. :lol:

how come low profile is heavier? because of more friction due to more road contact?

Anyway low profile tires have more grip and sporty but noisy, expensive replacement, heavier and your car will consume more petrol lor. You got to weight the pros and cons yourself ;)

My humble car is currently running a 17" sports rim......very noisy and heavy but then very good when you "Aur" corner! Luckily my petrol is sponsor by my company :paiseh:

:lol: with front/rear strut, anti-sawy bars, anti-roll bar, etc........ "aur" corner lagi best....... :evil:

as for low profile tires,

dunno applicable for 14", but for 17" can consider the following choices,

1. Yokohama Advan Nova.......

wet grip: average

dry grip: very good

road noise: average

2. Good Year F1 GSD03

wet grip: good

dry grip: good

road noise: low

3. Bridgestone Potenza SO3

wet grip: very good

dry grip: very good

road noise: high

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

if u like road noise like those ah beng can go for the noisier one

:lol:

If you like quieter ride like the Ah Peks than go for the high profile wan. ;):D:lol:

Joking nia Bro Zordon.

Anyway, I also a road warrior thus fuel consumption is quite important to me too. That's why, I will never oversized my rims but to keep it below 15". But I kind of splurge on the broader tyres as I believe it help with hugging the road better thus giving me a more stable ride. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Anyway, I also a road warrior thus fuel consumption is quite important to me too. That's why, I will never oversized my rims but to keep it below 15". But I kind of splurge on the broader tyres as I believe it help with hugging the road better thus giving me a more stable ride. ;)

point taken.

If 185 take more fuel than 175 i guess shouldn't be that much increase wa.. my car now going at ave 15km/litre so if change to 175 hope it can stay on the high side of 14km.

• SRC Member
Only if you know what it means .. haik haik .. :lol:

Current : 175/65/R14

Need Advise : Remain at 175/65/R14 or change to 185/60/R14 ??

Which is better ?? Why ??

CHEERS!

Rocks

Like what WL said, if you want to + one size, then have to go 15 inch. If you use 185/60/14 with the rim size same at 14 inch, then your wheels will look very odd (look small with a big wheel arch gap) and the speedometer will be indicating wrong speed compared to actual. A better size will be 185/55/15 to maintain the same rolling diameter.

• SRC Member

totally agreed, look abit weird with 185/60/14, machiam SUV look :lol:

Dimensions for u to consider:

175/65/14 (stock)

side wall: 113.8mm

dia: 583.1mm

revs/km: 546

185/60/14

side wall: 111mm

dia: 577.6mm

revs/km: 551

185/55/15 (recommended, almost same size as stock)

side wall: 101.8mm

dia: 584.5mm

revs/km: 545

hmmm...if this info is of any use, i'm using the continental conti-eco-contact tyres dimensions are 195/60/R14...good tires but tend to get abit noisy after running in, but the grip in wet weather is very good...

if u like u can try the continental conti-sport-contact, specs 185/60/R14, made in France, strongly recommended for relatively sporty drive with the comforts...

Wah from change tire to change rim. Spend 300+ not enff must spend 1k..

65 and 60 almost no diff in looks.

175 to 185, petrol down by most 2km/L.

Yoko prices are cheaper then Bridge (dun compare the semi slick)

Yoko ES501 are good enough, their deep canal will bring water out smoothly and they dun ware out so fast.

• SRC Member

Acura007

agreed. so no intention to change rim and pay the extra. might as well spend the extra cash on a good CR .. :lol:

Will find out about Yoko ES501 price later. my company is giving all staff 20% off on all tyres. so see whether cheaper or not. if 175 to 185, petrol down by most 2km/L.. then almost my 2 days traveling liao.. :lol::lol:

Diablos

thanks for the recommendation. I should be passing by AMK this weekend, might check them out.

AvaNte

one of the workshop uncle told me continental are made in malaysia. (maybe local continental tyres have import from diff country?).