Blurry Water

wolfie

• SRC Member

Hi all... :D

Juz joined SRC... Nice place... Hafin' some prob wif moi water... I've juz changed the moi sand and replaced the tank wif new water... And I'd added the salt in2 moi tank... Why is moi tank blurry? It's a 2ft tank wif #3 sand, a powerhead and a EH2213 filter... Pls advise... Gettin' worried... :(

• SRC Member

If your fish is not in your tank then where are they? :blink:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Pls do not put yr life stock back..

changing / removing the old sand will remove/kill lots of benifical bacteria.

Most probably there will be a spike [a little one] in NO2 / NO3

Let the particles settle, and test the water before placing them back, even if you're using back the old filter media

• SRC Member

Zerocool is right! But given that their alternative home is a pail, I'll want to get the fish back as soon as possible because the pail doesn't even have a filter so even a defective one in the tank is better than nothing.

If you have not replaced the LR or touched the filter system in anyway, I'll suggest that you put the fish back into the tank or if possible get another large tank set up for the fish and do daily waterchanges then put the fish back when nitrites have gone down to zero.

Just to let you know there are better ways of doing these things.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Wolfie: Six fish in a 2ft tank????? I think you should get rid of a few.

If you are really worried then get a bottle of CYCLE bacteria by Hagen Nutrafin. About $10 and has never failed me yet. It prevents ammonia spikes.

P.S Why did you clean the tank in the first place?

• SRC Member

Thanks 4 the tip guys... The tank is fine nw... hong - I was changin' the sand... Long story... All Rainbow's fault! BH... Aniwae, all's well nw... The thing nw is Hong said that the 6 fishes is 2 many for a 2ft tank... hw many do u recommend then?