Help with mushrooms...

angmoh

• SRC Member

well i have one colony of normal mushrooms about 10++ pieces ...but recently i found that a few pieces is shrinking and releasing the zooxanthellae... and turned brown instead of green. i noticed that there's alot of pods (or maybe is other worms , too small to identify... very very small white thing ..) surronded it ...

is it bcos of the "pods" kill them ? or is it bcos the mushroom is dying and the "pods" is eating the flesh ?

sickm2.jpg

is it a norm that the pods are crawling over a healthy mushroom ?? or they will only crawl on it when it's not healthy ? or they are infected by other worms ?? shall i take them out ?? ! help !!!

all the parameters are ok, except for the photoperiod.. it's been 5-6 hours per day for almost 2 weeks..

>>

• SRC Member

Hi brother, i dnt think the white stuff (99%) is pods or what... from yr picture..the white stuff(i hope i am saying the same white thing as u) is from the mushroom itself... when i 1st put in my mushrooms months again...experienced the same situation...think that the mushroom is stressed...thats why the internal part came out... mine recovered after a few days... IMO normal mushrooms are very easy to keep... hope yours will be back to normal soon..

Perhaps other expert reefer will like to highlight the exact terminology of the white stuff.. the exact name of that... :D

• SRC Member

ya i know the white slimy stuff is not pods .. my camera unable to capture the pods pic , but from eyes, u'll see alot of moving white creatures around the shroom and i believe is pods.

btw the white slimy stuff is zooxanthellae that released by the shroom due to stress.

>>

• SRC Member

what you have just got is a kind of rhodactis.

the stuff that are crawling around should be pods.

Maybe you can let us know more of your lightings.

And try not to shift your mushroom too much. as they get stress easily.

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

my light is 4 x 24W t5ho , 2 x 20,000k + 2 x actinic blue

photoperiod is 4-6 hours (bcos i hvt get any timer)

and yes, the shrooms appear to be flouroscent green . is it bcos of the actinic blue ?

or bcos it's receiving not enough of light per day ?

>>

• SRC Member

maybe you would like to increase your photoperiod to 6-8 hrs

Would like to ask. when you purchase the mushroom that time in LFS is it under actinic in the tank ?

Cos some mushroom are brown in nature but once it under actinic light it turns to green.

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

sunny03,

Confirm rhodactis boh!?

How to see ah? Seems like mushy to me leh....

angmoh,

will have to agree that U need more hrs on light.

My timer gives about 6hrs during the day.

After i reach home, i on till i sleep. (4-6hrs)

B) Bright sia !!!

Note: I dun think little pod-ies are harmful to mushies.

but recently i found that a few pieces is shrinking and releasing the zooxanthellae...

How U know they are releasing zooxanthellae ???

• SRC Member
sunny03,

Confirm rhodactis boh!?

How to see ah? Seems like mushy to me leh....

angmoh,

will have to agree that U need more hrs on light.

My timer gives about 6hrs during the day.

After i reach home, i on till i sleep. (4-6hrs)

B) Bright sia !!!

Note: I dun think little pod-ies are harmful to mushies.

How U know they are releasing zooxanthellae ???

there are many kind of rhodactis. this is one of them.

well i have one colony of normal mushrooms about 10++ pieces ...but recently i found that a few pieces is shrinking and releasing the zooxanthellae... and turned brown instead of green. i noticed that there's alot of pods (or maybe is other worms , too small to identify... very very small white thing ..) surronded it ...

is it bcos of the "pods" kill them ? or is it bcos the mushroom is dying and the "pods" is eating the flesh ?

sickm2.jpg

is it a norm that the pods are crawling over a healthy mushroom ?? or they will only crawl on it when it's not healthy ? or they are infected by other worms ?? shall i take them out ?? ! help !!!

all the parameters are ok, except for the photoperiod.. it's been 5-6 hours per day for almost 2 weeks..

m i e one u toking abt little creature ?

btw i m call amphipod not "sumthin..."

unless u having bleaching mushies,god bless u damn hard to recover completely..

else...

IMO ur mushies still doin fine...

mushies not sticking to rock = current too strong...(little current will do)

mushies neck stick out,pale.. = lightning not enuff

iodine not enuff = erm color not so gd..duno how to describe..

does ur tank hav pest like crabs moving ur mushies ard???

post-71-1132983943.jpg