My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will upload pixs of a mini spoted green prata. think my tank no space liao :cry:

Someone will have a 4 footer to fill up next 2 weeks :fear::fear::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Next time pass u more of the US zoos. . . :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Is there a quene for this?

dun need queue. . i saw quite a few frags of us zoos at iwarna!!

Btw sean, think u need to rescape ur tank to accomodate more corals.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

dun need queue. . i saw quite a few frags of us zoos at iwarna!!

Btw sean, think u need to rescape ur tank to accomodate more corals.

I aready rescaped, thats why so far able to accomodate more corals. :yeah: jus DIY a holder in my sump for injured corals. will post a pix tonight. its now hosting an injured coral. :ph34r:

Irwarna US zoos XX leh .... dun wanna spend $$ animore

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

I aready rescaped, thats why so far able to accomodate more corals. :yeah: jus DIY a holder in my sump for injured corals. will post a pix tonight. its now hosting an injured coral. :ph34r:

Irwarna US zoos XX leh .... dun wanna spend $$ animore

Spending money is part and parcel of reefing. Take it this way, the more you spend on equipments, the more healthy ur corals. The more you spend on corals, the more satisfaction you get from your tank. :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Spending money is part and parcel of reefing. Take it this way, the more you spend on equipments, the more healthy ur corals. The more you spend on corals, the more satisfaction you get from your tank.  

:bow::bow::bow:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

jus got a normal freshwater top filter compartment and DIY myself by drilling some holes by the side and insert rubber sucker to hold it. Lucky able to fit into my sump nicely. Now its officely a holding area for my injured corals (Hospital ward :P ). The water flow is low and with only FL light, just right for injured corals to recuperate. I aslo shift the trap slightly higher up due to FL lights only. Will onitor the progress of the prata :rolleyes:

post-34-1160322024.jpg

even ur sump got coraline algae. . . champion. . .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
even ur sump got coraline algae. . . champion. . .

at the beginning, I worried that my tank got no coraline growth, now I think its irritating as they grow all over, especially the front tank and had to maintain the glass tank, now even got to clean up the glass panel of the sump. :(

But curious abt coroline, I had stop operating my C.R and yet coraline still grow here n there. I do not dose kalk or any other additives but I could see growth spreading to my sump tank too. scratching head, is this wat we said, matured tank ?

B.T.W, another zoos :P

post-34-1160366652.jpg

Oh those coralline on glass panels really annoys me too :lol: They will continue to spread... i suppose there's nothing much we can do except manually remove them... perhaps you wanna consider a Sea Urchin :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Oh those coralline on glass panels really annoys me too :lol: They will continue to spread... i suppose there's nothing much we can do except manually remove them... perhaps you wanna consider a Sea Urchin :lol:

SEA URCHIN !!!!! :sick: NO NO NO .... give me free I also dun want. got scared out by their spped in grazing away all my califlower coraline algae :evil: But without dosing of additives and yet continual growth is a good sign indeed :lol:

• SRC Member
some salt brands contain high levels of calcium mah

I do water change by 2 means

1. by FSW from T 95

2. Tropic marine salt. tat's all.

Wonder wats really the contribution of growth of the coraline algae. But once a while got to do back breaking cleaning of the glass panel :D

• SRC Member

bro fishtalk,

just love ur coraline algae coating the back of your tank..

U ever encounter algae problems before? probably 1 or 2 mths after starting up

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
bro fishtalk,

just love ur coraline algae coating the back of your tank..

U ever encounter algae problems before? probably 1 or 2 mths after starting up

never counter any algae,cyno or slim problem before. :huh: Not from the start till now. Guess the wavemaker does makes a bit of wonder here n there too. I try to minimise dead spot by trying to get the wavemaker to have at least some wave circulation for most of the spot in the tank. Next, introduce some cleaning crews like sand shifters, sand dollar, watchman gobies,turbo snails, sea cukes etc. they do helps clean up ur sand bed and tank. :D

Never try to overfeed ur fishes and a good skimmer is important too. Water change to supply all neccessary nutrients to ur corals for thriving and growth too. But i only adopt some of the methods which i mentioned. :paiseh: Sometimes its also the "heng" syndrome for some tank. Whereas some tanks always got outbreak of this and that problems :evil: