My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• SRC Member

Wah... dun upgrade my status leh :lol: I am just a reefer... nothing more nothing less :D

But bro Piero, if you are looking for alternative products... do drop by my office... my tank shall be ready to accept visitors mid November :)

sounds good... Yr shophouse looking office should be quite near my office

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wah... dun upgrade my status leh :lol: I am just a reefer... nothing more nothing less :D

But bro Piero, if you are looking for alternative products... do drop by my office... my tank shall be ready to accept visitors mid November :)

sounds good... Yr shophouse looking office should be quite near my office

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

can i request for diet coke...? :D :D :D

Yes... diet Pepsi for you... sorry :off:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hey Sean me now in same shit too. Anemone melted and while trying to suck it out with a pump it got stuck and went right back in the water. Me just finished topping up water that I sipponed away, Now taking a break. Tomorrow will be a busy day changing water but in the mean time keeping my fingers crossed as now still filling my 100L tube with DI water. <_<

• SRC Member
Hope not my tubes anemone. Anyway went up Sean's place. Corals all okie~! But not the fishes.

Nope not those. Its my green tip :( .

I can donate some fish to Sean's tank but don't expect X ones :lol:

Seriously I've got chromis to give :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Hey Sean me now in same shit too. Anemone melted and while trying to suck it out with a pump it got stuck and went right back in the water. Me just finished topping up water that I sipponed away, Now taking a break. Tomorrow will be a busy day changing water but in the mean time keeping my fingers crossed as now still filling my 100L tube with DI water. <_<

HUH :huh::shock: Sigh.... Simon, think better not to keep anemone and sea cukes for our tank so as not to have this SHIT feeling and frustration. Wat's worst is the innocent fishes and corals died because of the toxic released into the tank :cry2:

I jus change 8 jerry cans of SW and boy it was back breaking for me. Its like racing against time. Made a thorough check, found that there's no coral casualty. Now only left with mandarin a, a true pecular and a yellow goby. The rest have retired from my tank :cry2::( I also put in chemipure carbon to allow it to absorb as much toxic from the tank water as possible :huh: Will try to do water change again in another week or so. :fear: Thats wat u need to do also and fast . How big is ur anemone?

But why u use a pump to suck out the anemone instead of using other means to get the fellow out ? :huh:

Nope not those. Its my green tip  .

I can donate some fish to Sean's tank but don't expect X ones 

Seriously I've got chromis to give 

I'll be getting chromis in my tank once the tank are more stable. U sure passing me some? I dun mind getting from u :thanks:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Want to Thank Hammy, Kenneth( for getting the carbon) and reefzzz and Ur GAL friend :) for dropping by to help me out and the show of support :bow::thanks: Think my tank will recover, jus that it really look empty now :unsure:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

No lah.... quoing u by means of envy for ur superb tank and equipments used. U sure pampers ur corals and fishes :bow: So if got office warming, do i get invited ? :lol: I'm sure it'll be a drooling session for me as well as all reefers who are invited B)

• SRC Member

HUH :huh::shock: Sigh.... Simon, think better not to keep anemone and sea cukes for our tank so as not to have this SHIT feeling and frustration. Wat's worst is the innocent fishes and corals died because of the toxic released into the tank :cry2:

I jus change 8 jerry cans of SW and boy it was back breaking for me. Its like racing against time. Made a thorough check, found that there's no coral casualty. Now only left with mandarin a, a true pecular and a yellow goby. The rest have retired from my tank :cry2::( I also put in chemipure carbon to allow it to absorb as much toxic from the tank water as possible :huh: Will try to do water change again in another week or so. :fear: Thats wat u need to do also and fast . How big is ur anemone?

But why u use a pump to suck out the anemone instead of using other means to get the fellow out ? :huh:

I'll be getting chromis in my tank once the tank are more stable. U sure passing me some? I dun mind getting from u :thanks:

Was desperate so did that without thinking much. Then only after that realise that I should have use the hose to sipon it out directly to the loo ;)

So far only damage is my hammer. Part of the head started to melt :cry2: . Have removed the melted portion and just hope that it'll stop spreading :erm:

Yup I'll be changing water again next week just in case.

My CR pump died on me too :(

• SRC Member
Was desperate so did that without thinking much. Then only after that realise that I should have use the hose to sipon it out directly to the loo 

So far only damage is my hammer. Part of the head started to melt  . Have removed the melted portion and just hope that it'll stop spreading 

Yup I'll be changing water again next week just in case.

My CR pump died on me too 

wat a day to have for u !!! :evil: Well at least not much casualty... This is a lesson for u and I to learn too. Hope ur tank recovers and corals safe and sound.

Well, I did snap a pix for the last batch of dead fishes before I dispose it off. May they R.I.P :cry2:

post-34-1162657058.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro Sean;

Feel so heart pain for u. A few day neber come here. Sad stuff happen. Hope only the Fishes are affected.

Things like this happens only late nights... with little time to react. My experience is water leaks at 11pm and ended up fixing it til 5am.... One time even worst, leaks while I at the airport... Call friend for SOS...

Near crash like toxic is very rare for me, as I shunt LS like cuke and anemone, even nudibranch.

In your case, I probably resorted to regime like, buying NSW for 100% water change, chemical defense all round with canister filters, 20% NSW change every 12hrs. Work like mad like the US disaster response team... My reserves, 2 canister, 2 jerry can, carbon... on 24 hrs standby...

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Bro Sean;

Feel so heart pain for u. A few day neber come here. Sad stuff happen. Hope only the Fishes are affected.

Things like this happens only late nights... with little time to react. My experience is water leaks at 11pm and ended up fixing it til 5am.... One time even worst, leaks while I at the airport... Call friend for SOS...

Near crash like toxic is very rare for me, as I shunt LS like cuke and anemone, even nudibranch.

In your case, I probably resorted to regime like, buying NSW for 100% water change, chemical defense all round with canister filters, 20% NSW change every 12hrs. Work like mad like the US disaster response team... My reserves, 2 canister, 2 jerry can, carbon... on 24 hrs standby...

Hi simon, bad things always happen at a very bad timing :ph34r: I was helpless and anxious abt the tnak stocks. Now situation stable. The clams also slightly effected by it and they reacted by closing their shells. Thought this time sure losing lotsa of stocks and fishes :pinch: But now all the corals are back to their normal self. Did not see any abnormal behaviour. Pray hard.

hey feel sorry for u .... but aniway i guess u will be back in no time .. all the best to u ......

Hi Alex, long time didn't meet up with u guys. Was kinda busy. Thanks for ur concern and regards. Will get back soon on the fish stocks in my tank. :)

• SRC Member

At least that is good news... ;)

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

Hope all is well bro... all parameters back to normal?

• SRC Member
Hope all is well bro... all parameters back to normal?

Yup... the tank seems to be on the recovery track now. With the coral's appetite back too. Here's a pix of my pratas feasting on a pc of market prawn B)

post-34-1162739555.jpg