My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• SRC Member
Use chemipure or polyfilter or any other suggestion other then skimmer to filter the cuke poison after water change?

so far only thought of the carbon and water change.... anybody can suggest wat I must do further to prevent more casualties? :thanks:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya..... poor healthy fishes was so happyswimming and eating when such thing happen. Just like the Sept 11 incident. Happen so fast. Will contact u and kenneth abt the timing when I'm home. My hse will be in a mess tonight :( So helpless now at work, can't do anything

bro, try to stop worrying.

No man by worrying can add a single hair or hour to his life.

bro, i know it is easier to say than be done, more often than not, we consider a lesson learnt, some lesson come at high price.

brace up bro.

Emmanuel Shalom

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

so far only thought of the carbon and water change.... anybody can suggest wat I must do further to prevent more casualties? :thanks:

fishtalk,

for my experience, rowacarbon and chemipure is the best. get twice the reccomended amount.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

fishtalk,

for my experience, rowacarbon and chemipure is the best. get twice the reccomended amount.

I'm getting kenneth to buy me 2 bottles of chemipure carbon :(

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

if ur ammonia and nitrite is on the high side , try Seachem Prime.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member
My watch also not working. Use handphone la... Anyway doesn't mean that watch not working then bad luck. Think on the brighter side.

ya.... jus tat coincidence occurs :erm:

if ur ammonia and nitrite is on the high side , try Seachem Prime.

Tested last night of the nitrate level, show alright level

• SRC Member

Need help can call me too.. Last time when we had the same problem with a fellow reefer ard 4 years ago. the boss here, AT, was there to help. We took out all live stocks, wash the LR with fresh salt water. Did a massive WC before putting everything back. The reefer had to restart the tank there after. He eventually rescape his tank after our visit to AT house at toapayoh that night.

his impressive tank is impressive and hairless dog... :unsure:

• SRC Member
Need help can call me too.. Last time when we had the same problem with a fellow reefer ard 4 years ago. the boss here, AT, was there to help. We took out all live stocks, wash the LR with fresh salt water. Did a massive WC before putting everything back. The reefer had to restart the tank there after. He eventually rescape his tank after our visit to AT house at toapayoh that night.

his impressive tank is impressive and hairless dog... :unsure:

Thank you Peiro for the offering of ur help. :thanks: Should I need help, will PM u. Even after 50% WC, I still need to take out the rocks to wash with salt water? Does it means that the toxic coated the rocks and corals and my sand bed , even after WC? Omigod :cry:

• SRC Member

U can check with AT. What he told me is that the toxic stays in the sand and rocks... But we did not take out the sand. Washing the rocks just in case. Think some of his fishes died if I am not wrong... been quite a while since that incident.

• SRC Member
U can check with AT. What he told me is that the toxic stays in the sand and rocks... But we did not take out the sand. Washing the rocks just in case. Think some of his fishes died if I am not wrong... been quite a while since that incident.

ok. will try to PM AT for his advice too. Thanks for ur advice and offers :bow:

I would like to THANK all the bros here for ur kind gestures, effort and offers to help me out. :bow::thanks:

• SRC Member
im very sorry to heard dat this happen to u :(

my friend oso kena too, all fishes die n coral left with just 1 cyna

Thank you Sis WaNeR,Ken(Yvoneysl) and Jin Hui for the offers and comforting words. Jus got another call from my wife, Purple Tang and blue Tang has left this world :(

Flametail-definitely a hard lesson for me to learnt. But I will brace up and pull thru this ordeal for my tank as I got many friendly reefers here whom are so helpful, encouraging and full of goodwills. :thanks: Its life afterall.

• SRC Member
me cannot help but hey.. live to fight another day.

the more gloomy it looks the more you must fight back..

I believe your new tank will be greater than your former, drawing from all the lessons you learnt.

Yes, initially I was dealt with a great blow by this tragedy. So helpless at that point of time when I could do nothing for the water change due to the late hour and that I got to work today. I did not expect such incident to occur and to have the whole tank of fishes wipeout.

Gloomy and mouring of the dead fishes is over. :evil: Got to concentrate on the corals and watever is neccessary to ensure the survival of the corals. I am bracing for even more worst news from my wife who is at home. She and I started this tank together and she's sadden by the sudden accident and the lost of her beloved fishes that she loved dearly.

• SRC Member
Err... then restart lor... My new tank coming... Can go shopping with U too... all the way from a fresh. with more experience, should be a more beautiful tank.

shopping of corals does not also come easy. U must like the particular piece or else its jus another normal coral that does not catches ur attention. Sometimes its the color or the shape that u fancy that likens u to buy it back. Got to slowly stock .... We can meet up some day for coral hunting and have coffee too. Ur new tank will be another great thread to follow. U setting a LPS tank?

I did PM AT asking his opinion and his reply is that do WC and add chemipure to absorb the toxic and all the best :huh: Well, its wat I thought of too.

• SRC Member
YUP... LPS... Me low budget one... Cant afford all the fancy things like who Dr Evil, acidjazz is buying.... SPS may 1 or 2 small frags for fun...

This hobby is addictive and spendthrift too. Before long, u would try to skim and save $$$ for upgrading so as to ensure ur LS and coral's health and so forth.... o start y little SPS collection or for tries, I can spare a frag of my green sps if u like. I have a few colony for tries to. Got it brown, now turning greenish color. Maybe u would like to add in Bro Jervis too for his ever pocket full of money to spend for his corals, equips, addictives and so on :bow:

Thanks Hammy for the intention to help me out. I'm asking Kenneth to help me get the carbon and he's coming to my hse this evening. Fishes mostly died. now left with a blue Tang, scooter and mandarin. Blenny and purple Tang was in breathing difficult when I left for work :cry:

Paul, Guess usually after this kind of ordeal and trauma, more often than not, it feels like giving up after wat the effort that put in was suddenly crashed and wiped out by such sad incident. I should not have added a sea cucumber in the first place, but its too late for regrets now

Think about my friend who lost more than 5000 bucks of sps and rics last month bcuz of electrical breakdown. . . :lol:

What i mean is tt its a painful experience, no doubt about tt. The sour taste will linger for weeks or months, but eventually u will get over it and come back with a vengence! :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Maybe u would like to add in Bro Jervis too for his ever pocket full of money to spend for his corals, equips, addictives and so on :bow:

Wah... dun upgrade my status leh :lol: I am just a reefer... nothing more nothing less :D

But bro Piero, if you are looking for alternative products... do drop by my office... my tank shall be ready to accept visitors mid November :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica