White Patches On Powder Blue

• SRC Member

Hey guys, Saw something weird when i woke up this morning. Found 4 large white patches one side of the body of my powder blue tang. Each patch is abt 3-4cm in diameter. The fish is about 4-5 Inches long.

Doesnt seemed to cause the fish any discomfort though. Eating and swimming regularly. And also i didnt see the patches last night too, it just appeared overnight.

SHould it be of concern? Of its a sign that theres something i am not doing rite?

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

shootsimon's Powder Brown Tang has a white spot on the top, near its head.

Here's a pic, taken from his tank thread.

post-34-1129896480.jpg

Over time, the spot on the right side of the body diminished, as you can see in the next pic, taken from his thread. However, the left side of the body is still recovering

post-34-1130776513.jpg

Is it the same kind of spots on your Powder Blue? Perhaps, you can ask shootsimon what he does to treat his Powder Brown.

shootsimon: Borrow your pics, bro.. ;)

• SRC Member

Hey guys thanks for the input.

No pictures... regretted as somehow... the patches just disappeared again over 2 days... Very weird.. :nc::nc:

My Tank

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

yeah.. tot of that too.

But its gone now. Dunno wats wrong. :erm:

Another possibility is that it was stung by some of my LPS.... OR

Maybe its due to its mood swings? I remembered kind neglecting its feeding for a few days.. HAHA!

My Tank