Maxstar81

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

dkk08,

Is that shot for me?

;) Yah lah. The effect should be the same lah.

1.5 or 2 ft not much difference.

bubble_gum,

Nice ah. U have to ask bro Hondaker for future updates.

He say they open big big in his tank. :yeah:

Sold to him cos i cannot sustain high dosing.

Bought from Coven Rd. ;)

Firestarz,

Hope to see yours soon.

Note: they dun look nice overnight.

Give them at least 2 nights.... :evil:

(JOKING !!!)

U have to be patient in this hobby.

:thanks: for all the encouragements guys/gals !!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

:o Zoo are half dead???

Half dead would means half the polyps are gone leaving the LR bare. If the tubes are there, it would means that they are really stress and not opening. You can still salvage the situation. If the zoo can die like that, the situation is really bad, zoo is really hardy you know.

Any corrective action??

Try running a canister filter if you can get one, running with full carbon. A good skimmer will skim the water good. All for one week. Too bad I in China, otherwise I can lend you my canister, I got 2 spare, all for my CPR to tank. 30% Water change per day for 2 - 3 days.

If those pest algae juz appear like that, then the water born nutrient are high. You need to bring it down fast.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Guys ....

U must understand something.

Tank only runs w/ a pwr head to wool filter.

Other than that is T5HO & 1 blower.

Nothing else.

No rowas, carbon.

No skimmer.

No canister.

Only test kit is for ANN.

Latest addition would be DI water which will

be used at the next change of water.

U should have seen some of the faces when

I paid shootsimon for the DI parts with ang bao $

straight from the red packet. (yes, i'm quite poor)

:lol:

• SRC Member

Kel;

Understand your plight for not wanting to spend too much on equipment.

My most expensive equipment is china made canister (other than the T5s) which cost abt 100SGD. The other 2 is made spare bcos it has some broken parts and leakage. Neither do I have a skimmer for now. Also running fan now like you. DIY the lights also like you.

It is really fun doing most out of the limited budget, w/o expensive toys.

The problem sometimes is that we cannot deny the fact that the system we set up do crash, it is really heart pain and feel like giving up if the crash is really major. I have encountered these feeling some 3 times. First time eletrical trip with my 1 footer, which I really gave up, until I restart again with my current tank. The others are leaks in the middle of the nights on the equipment that I nearly gave up. Ask any one here and they will tell you that they have thoughts of giving up before.

Putting fore these experience, I feel oblige to tell you that many ppl here love the reef more than themselve, thus those really ex skimmer, CR etc, not bcos they have a deep pocket. A single crash may end up losting more money than the equipment.....

Let me know if the tank improves end of the month, see if I can help when I come back. ;)

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Guys ....

U must understand something.

Tank only runs w/ a pwr head to wool filter.

Other than that is T5HO & 1 blower.

Nothing else.

No rowas, carbon.

No skimmer.

No canister.

Only test kit is for ANN.

Latest addition would be DI water which will

be used at the next change of water.

U should have seen some of the faces when

I paid shootsimon for the DI parts with ang bao $

straight from the red packet. (yes, i'm quite poor)

:lol:

Haha~ ang bao lui! bro. looks like u got a outbreak of cyno-bacteria. Maybe you can, like what nazoku said, change water 20-30% with the new DI water for 2-3 days, maybe will solve your cynobacteria problem. :) Cheers Bro. :)

• SRC Member

Thanks guys for all the tips & encouragement. :thanks:

Will certainly change the water with the NEW DI unit.

...BUTT .... must wait till next wk.

This few days every evening is either gym or jog.

Got IPPT this Sat.... Haven't been excercising regularly....

(can link over to my site for more details & running route)

• SRC Member

Wow! .. really cute! .. seems like such a loving couple. Haha .. or is it juz me?

Hmm .. my cousin actually volunteered to catch nemos from sentosa for me ;)

Think will ask him after cycling my tank!

Anyway .. how's the tank coming along? .. any full shots?