Upgrade lighting??

Hello to all:

I have some doubts that I hope that somebody can help to clarify me.

First of all I put a photo to you of my aquarium. Sabreís is something old of October but thus as it is and as it is.

pers.jpg

As you see the aquarium is destined to SPS with some LPS like acqantastrea, trachyphyllia, blastomusa and other lps :paiseh: pretty's

My problem resides in the coloration of sps, specially in the acroporas. The montiporas I can say that they are all of coloration very well.

I explain a little to you my tasks of maintenance as well as parameters and illumination:

Parameters---------

Ph: 7,9-8,2

Ca. 400-450

Mg: 1350

Kh: 7-8

Nitrates:0

Phosphats:0

salinit: 1025

Temp:77 F

Equipment----------

Tank size: lenght 5"x2,6"x2,6" 139 G

sum: 44G

skimmer: Schuran 120

Live rock-fiji and other origins 132 lbs aprox.

BB tank

No refugium

circulation: 1x12

Lighting: 2x250w MH 14kº Aquaconnect and 4x54w T5 Blue Plus Ati

Actinics-12h AM on

MH(1)-14h PM on

Mh(2)-15h PM on

Mh (1)-22h PM off

MH (2) 23h PM off

Actinics 1h AM off

Adittives:

Aminoacids-salifert

idoine-salifert

strontium-salifert

Ca-salifert

Mg-salifert

KH-salifert

Coral-ABC-grotech

rotifers and fitplakton somethimes.

Actual fish poblation:

5-Pseudoanthias squamippinis

1 amphiprion percula

1 pseudochelinus hexataenia.

2 dascyllus

1 chrysiptera parasema.

First of everything I have retired of my aquarium the actinodiscus, zoanthids and other polyps to avoid invasions and injurious liberations of toxins.

aspect november:

up.jpg

The Coral ABC it would dare to me to say that it has increased the coloration of the corals in its great majority.

But not sufficient it.

At the moment not if to think about a deficiency or incorrect illumination.

Some suggestion? I have thought about changing my reactancias by electronic of CoralVue and that makes raise to me if he would be better to increase 400w. if it is so illumination, that temperature of color marks?

Thank you very much to all by your time.

NAx0

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Naxo, I really like your reefscaping :) There are many opinions & as always, there's not correct solution. If you're not using carbon, I'd suggest trying 1 Cup in a filter sock, placed passively in your sump. This will increase water clarity & therefore, light transmission. I run 4-Tunze's in my 100g display reef & found the increased flow promotes improved SPS coloration. Adding another 250W MH will also intensify your SPS coral's color, & growth. Bob

• SRC Member

Your Schuran skimmer is not enough to do the job. I think it is rated only for 120g by the manufacturer, and probably is alot less in actuality. There are probably more phosphates and nitrates in the water than is detected by your test kits.