Anthias

Fireclown

• SRC Member

When I first got mine, they behaved the same way too. It's advisable to get at least 3 or more. Try to shorten the time you keep your lights on to get them acclimatise to the new environment. The next thing is to try getting them to eat as it's quite a known fact that they are very fussy eaters. Lucky for me, I've a bunch of greedy fellas that eat watever I throw in. :P

Hope this helps!

I reacently bought 2 anthias. From the minute they are released into my tank, they dived straight into my LR. They didn't come out to feed for the past few days. All they do now is give me a headache. Trying to locate them is not easy man. :huh:

Hey most anthias react this way when they are added to your tank.......... Anyway did you know that they are consider one fo the few delicate fish species being very fussy in food type............

What anthias have you got, wanna tell us :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

hey i myself have kept 3 dispar anthias, 1 fairy anthias and 1 lyretail anthias successfully and manage to get them to eat frozen brine of mysis shrimp.

hey...DA where you bought the fairy anthias... i cant find it anywhere... are they seasonal fish... wats the price like...

SL used to bring them in..think now t9* should have a few left....... Anyway my final anthias piece would be sun burst............. Now onyl a small tank so only can afford to have a small school of dispar but if i ahve a big tank i wish to have a school of dispar and lyretail

3v|L,Sep 22 2003, 06:10 PM] Should we add the school over a period of time or all at once?

I add mine all at once and as you know male anthias are very intorlerant of one another and the dominant one will chase others around and since i dunno how to differentiate the ###### and afraid i got 2 male which will result in fighting i decide to add the school all at one time.....

My 2 cents

• SRC Member

I got them from a new farm around Pasir Ris Farmway. Went there by my dad's car. Got it at $8/pc. Anyway, i'm not sure what anthias it is. It's pink and has a yellow bar on it's back. Hope this helps to id it. I got it because it was rather cheap and it looks healthy and good. I've read about anthias and know that they are fussy eaters but can be coax to eat mysis. I'm now trying to coax them out of hiding with mysis soak in garlic and spreading it outside of their hiding place. I've also read that anthias always bicker with each other.

Can anyone advice me on what to do next? I'm going to reduce lighting period. Thanks.

I got them from a new farm around Pasir Ris Farmway. Went there by my dad's car. Got it at $8/pc. Anyway, i'm not sure what anthias it is. It's pink and has a yellow bar on it's back. Hope this helps to id it. I got it because it was rather cheap and it looks healthy and good. I've read about anthias and know that they are fussy eaters but can be coax to eat mysis. I'm now trying to coax them out of hiding with mysis soak in garlic and spreading it outside of their hiding place. I've also read that anthias always bicker with each other.

Can anyone advice me on what to do next? I'm going to reduce lighting period. Thanks.

From the way you decribe i really have no idea what the anthias is luckily you never mention that it look pinkish purple

Oh no. Those are really expensive. ML still have it and it's a beauty to see them school around. Hendry sad it was from hawaii. Forgot how much it cost.

I guess mine is those common anthias. All I wanna do now is to get them to feed. <_<

think the ones from ML are barlett anthias......... No what i was mentioning was purple queen, an anthias which is very fussy about its diet and will rather starve itself to death then feed on commercial frozen or dried food.

IMO the nicest anthias is evansi anthias

Hmm... Not sure about the names of species. Pics would help. Too bad i can't take pics now because they are still in hiding.

Any tips on how to lure them out?

IMo give them few days to adjust to the tank environment and they will come out naturally no worry

• SRC Member

Does your Anthias look like the attached file ? They are fuzzy eater. Mine starting only eat frozen mysis shrimp. Later, I feed them pellet together with mysis shrimp to get them to eat pellet. I bought 2. One is now eating mysis and pellet. The other, only eat mysis and I have to cage it to feed it. This is because it takes it's own sweet time to eat. If I don't reserved the food, the damsels will finish it off with no time. In general, Anthias need more attention when come to feeding.

post-7-1064890120.jpg

• SRC Member

Except the purple Queen and sometimes squarespot, the rest of the Anthias are not very difficult to feed. With current and food moving around, they will chase it and eat like mad. I have no prob with my ventralis, sunburst, barlett, diapar and tri-colour.

Like I say again....except PURPLE QUEEN!!! :(

I think (marine) therefore I am