DIY power hinges for cupboard ?

joeyttk

Hi,

I put my chiller below the tank and I have to constantly leave the cupboard door open to ensure good circulation.

Does anyone knows where can I get power hinges that I can customized to run off a thermostat ?

I did a few searches on the net and only found those mega door swingers for gates or fences.

I did saw someone mod a celica [i.e. car] in US where there is a power hinges that push open a compactment to reveal their nos.

any ideas where can I get cupboard-door-size powered hinges ?

I do have a 12inch hole for ventilation on one side. However, without leaving the cupboard door open, even with the hole and big fan [A/C] black colour type from sim lim tower, the cupboard temp hovers around 45 degree c.

cannot drill more holes because my tank is mounted on a floor2ceiling cupboard and serve as a partition wall.

the other side has black shiny laminate, i.e. will be a bad idea to drill holes.

so the only thing now is that I left the door to the cupboard open.

One last thing, I had the 12 inch black cpu fan but they burnt out after 5-6 months [i guess temp too high]. I DIY it with a simple 35 degree c thermostat so that fan auto on when chiller is on.

anyone can reco a good fan to use ? mine coz around 20 dollars from sim lim tower.

hi, I am already using AC fans leh... the big fan only comes in AC.

only when the cupboard doors are open completely will my chiller cool ,my 5.5ft tank down to 27 degree in 2 hours.

So back to the original question, does anyone knows where to buy those power hinges so I can customized my door ?

thanks for all the advise on how to cool down the chiller, trust me when I said I already tried a lot of ways, cutting more holes not an options, fan cooling thru my single 12" hole on one side with an AC fan also not doing well. Fan motor cannot stand the constant heat, and usual breaks down after 6 months.